staralliance38

How Many Luggage Tags Do You Put On Your Luggage?

Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:30 pm

OK, I'll admit, this sounds cheesy, but How many tags do you put on your luggage? While I was doing a project where I contacted airlines, some sent luggage tags. I have a LH tag and AC's old and new tags lol. I'll be flying soon and I was thinking, should I put all of them on? I'm expecting one more tag from US that I ordered from the company store. Having so many tags might help me identify my luggage (its better than putting ribbon on it, it looks like a present in baggage claim  present  )
Roar, lion, roar

andz

RE: How Many Luggage Tags Do You Put On Your Lugga

Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:20 pm

None. My suitcase is pretty distinctive with the stickers on it, and the airline baggage tag has my name on it, so no need for anything else.
After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF...

JGPH1A

Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:46 pm

I tend to leave old tags on until they fall off by natural attrition - it's how I recognise my bags.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

HT

Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:13 pm

Quoting StarAlliance38 (Thread starter):
How Many Luggage Tags Do You Put On Your Luggage?  

One.
Plus the slip that tells where the luggage has to go to.

I'll be flying soon and I was thinking, should I put all of them on? I'm expecting one more tag from US that I ordered from the company store

If you choose to put more than one tag outside, attach it to different handles: If one handle becomes loose, not all the tags will be gone.

In any case, you should put some kind of tag inside the suitcase (a business card also does the job).

Having so many tags might help me identify my luggage (its better than putting ribbon on it, it looks like a present in baggage claim    )

Personalize your suitcase: Make the outside unique by putting on a strap, maybe some non-offensive stickers. Also a big X by duck tape on each side works very well when identifying suitcases.

All these stickers and tape-things become a "no-no" if a genuine leather suitcase or some other expensive suitcase is used. In that case have your suitcase wrapped at the airport and scribble your name onto the other laye.
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

AF340

Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:19 pm

its better than putting ribbon on it,

Yeah, it's getting to a point where most people put tags on their bags and therefore it would be better not to do anything. I guess you might want to put some sort of flashy marker on your bag if it's black or blue. I have a nice bright red bag so I don't really need to put markers on it. Mind you on Wednesday I'm travelling with a expeditioners backpack. That'll be interesting...

Liam spin 

KPWM

Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:02 pm

On my main bag I have 4 tags. I've never bothered to take them off since I got the bag.
1 YX Tag
1 FL Tag
1 DL Tag
1 AA Tag

PlymSpotter

Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:43 pm

None nowadays. A few years ago my camera bag must have had close to 20 different airline's tags on it, but it just got annoying in the end - plus when I am at my destination I would rather not be walking around looking as if I might have just gotten off a plane, especially if I'm in a location where it might give more of a reason for bag thieves to target me. When I'm traveling my rucksack never leaves my back of my side, and it has my contact details written inside, so I see no reason to stick a label on it.

I do have one exception though, and that is a purpose made cardboard case which I use to carry rolled up A3, A2 or A1 plans between my home in Plymouth and University in Birmingham. It's travelled about 5000 miles back and forth with me now, and is just about covered in checked baggage labels, 'Fragile' stickers, and anything else which happens to be self adhesive. I certainly have no problem identifying that on the baggage belt  silly 

Dan  Smile
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

staralliance38

Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:55 pm

Thanks for your input. I think I'll put my 2 AC tags, LH, and US tags on my bag. I'm leaving on Thursday Big grin
Roar, lion, roar

exFATboy

Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:38 am

Only tag that's on my bag is the routing tag for the flight. I have pretty distinctive luggage, though.

I do put my name, address, and phone number on the inside of the bag as well.

meta

Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:53 am

My stuff always has three ribbons on it. Red, green, and black, but I change the order to know which one is mine. I once considered buying lots of different color ribbons, and placing the three ribbons on my stuff that appear on the aircraft livery the most often. Ex. Continental checked bag would have a gray, blue, and white ribbon on it. have yet to try this though.

AF340

Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:42 am

Quoting StarAlliance38 (Reply 7):
I'm leaving on Thursday

Where you going?

Liam spin 

staralliance38

Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:57 pm

Orlando

I tried to go visit the AirTran HQ. When I called, they said there's nobody that could help me lol. Let's see how far my e-mail for the same request goes!

BTW, did u know the FL HQ is seriously right by a runway in MCO Big grin

The US HQ is right under the takeoff path of SkyHarbor (at least somebody there was able to help me
Roar, lion, roar

deltairlines

Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:55 pm

My bag has the following:

-Delta Medallion tag
-FlyerTalk bag tag
-My business card in a make your own bag-tag sealant ($1 at Walmart)
-Delta pink tag for the gate-check on RJs (sometimes these add up depending on the trip and whether or not the GA just puts a new one on each trip...I've had 4-5 on my bag at some points).

SilentJC

Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:30 pm

Quoting StarAlliance38 (Reply 11):
Orlando

Funny... me too! DL red-eye from ONT through ATL.

Bag tags? Two, Walt Disney Imagineering on top, and Walt Disney World on the side (not like I make it obvious where I'm going).

staralliance38

Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:39 pm

Quoting SilentJC (Reply 13):
Funny... me too! DL red-eye from ONT through ATL.

I like ONT, it's a great alternative to LAX. It's a little empty though  Sad
Roar, lion, roar

ReidYYZ

Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:59 pm

The wife has a "Your suitcase is another shade of black" tag on her Delsey and a "Queen of Coach" tag on her carry-on.

staralliance38

Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:15 pm

just an update

i decided to go crazy with the tags and so i put the paper/carboard ones i got too  Smile

so, i also put airBaltic and SAS

I also got some paper baggage tags from Air New Zealand along with a cardboard Business Class tag lol (they're gonna think im flying business  Smile
Roar, lion, roar

mauiman31

Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:33 am

One distinctive tag on the outside that I can recognize from a distance. And then I keep a business card on the inside of all my luggage. A tip I saw somewhere years ago.

Elite

Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:28 am

1 luggage tag on the outside. It's made of tough plastic and has a strong plastic rope or some sort that is extremely hard to pull off, so I don't need any more.

mayor

Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:40 pm

Quoting Elite (Reply 18):
1 luggage tag on the outside. It's made of tough plastic and has a strong plastic rope or some sort that is extremely hard to pull off, so I don't need any more.

I have much the same thing......one is bright yellow and says Delta Air Lines on it and the other has a Widget.

I'm assuming that you are all talking about ADDRESS tags and not BAG tags. BAG tags to me, having worked the ramp are the destination tags, whether the old style with elastic thread and color coded according to destination or the new, adhesive loop type, in black and white. Nothing could be worse than leaving the destination tags on your bag when you're going somewhere else.

Reminds me of the joke about the guy goes up to the ticket counter in ATL and says," I'm going to Los Angeles and I'd like this bag to go to Buffalo and this one to Cleveland". The gate agent says "Sir, we can't do that".

"Well, you did it to me last week!"
"A committee is a group of the unprepared, appointed by the unwilling, to do the unnecessary"----Fred Allen

LNv22

Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:10 pm

OK, I'll admit, this sounds cheesy, but How many tags do you put on your luggage?

I use one. It's from Widerøe. Picked a random one at the airport a long time ago, and it have followed me since  Smile
Though, I have never flown with Widerøe, but I have some free return tickets with them I plan to use soon!
We have clearance, Clarence. Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?

NWADC9

Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:11 pm

Check-in - A Northwest tag from soon after they changed to the Bowling Shoe livery
Carry-on - Midwest and whatever airline I'm flying on (which happens to be...Midwest Big grin )
Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that? -Capt. Picard

a380us

Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:00 pm

lets see..... none!
I feel that theres no need.
www.JandACosmetics.com

sunshine79

Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:26 pm

I don't put any on my suitcases, however I recently bought 2 B787 Dreamliner tags from eBay, so I will be uptting them on my luggage the next time I fly. I have seen one customer with a striped band around their suitcase with the words 'f*ck off it's mine' I couldn't help but laugh at it.
Formerly alcregular, Why drive when you can fly?

staralliance38

Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:09 pm

Quoting Sunshine79 (Reply 23):
I have seen one customer with a striped band around their suitcase with the words 'f*ck off it's mine' I couldn't help but laugh at it.

And yet TSA wasn't suspicious? Very funny  rotfl 

Quoting Mayor (Reply 19):
I'm assuming that you are all talking about ADDRESS tags and not BAG tags.

Yes Mayor. I am talking about the tags with color and most likely the airline scheme on it.
Roar, lion, roar

AF340

Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:10 am

I just lost my luggage and my AA tag did the job...

Liam spin 

TSS

Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:48 pm

I have one vivid yellow Expedia bag tag on my black bag. My other bag is sage green and pretty hard to miss.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

FalconBird

Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:25 pm

Years ago when I was in the business I would see bags with lot's and lot's of tags on them so much so that, the ticket agent had to pull some of them just to make room for another one. Now, that's lazy!
Vector, Victor... Clearance, Clarence...Roger, over...under...done...

RobertNL070

Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:56 pm

None. My bag/suitcase has a red-white-blue ribbon tied to the handle and the airline tag has my name on it.

[Edited 2008-03-23 07:56:32]
Youth is a gift of nature. Age is a work of art.

OA260

Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:56 pm

I have the tag of the airline I'm flying with on the case plus my Star Gold luggage tag . I also have a piece of printed paper inside the top of the case with my name and address on it in case the tags get ripped off and the case gets lost. One time it got lost and the only way they tracked me was by the piece of paper inside !!!