Ansett767
Topic Author

BA Or VS Business Class Across The Pond?

Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:26 pm

I was checking out the sale fares on both airlines websites - much lower then usual.

They are both about the same price to LAX or NYC.

I wanted to take a short trip there to try out a whole bunch of American carriers short haul I haven't tried before (NW, DL, Air Tran, US Air etc).

Which would you take Long haul J class, and Why?

I did a search and found some trip reports but I want to know what YOU think each of the pro's and con's to each is!

exFATboy

RE: BA Or VS Business Class Across The Pond?

Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:13 am

I can tell you that at my firm we have a lot of people who fly between LHR and JFK every few weeks, and everyone I've talked to prefers the Virgin product. Better service, better seats, better lounges.

Unfortunately I never got to try VS - back when I flew on business, we didn't have corporate rates on VS for travel originating in the US...I used to get stuck on AA or UA half the time!

a380us

Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:27 am

I'd definatley go with VS
BA's product isnt too bad but VS service is definatley better
www.JandACosmetics.com

wilco737

Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:14 am

I heard the VS Business class is pretty good! I bet the BA isnt bad, but from what I've heard: VS is better...

I have never been on VS though and BA only Y class... So I cannot judge!

WILCO737 (MD11F)
 airplane 

kimberlyRJ

Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:26 pm

Having work on both (and flown as a passenger on both) British Airways and Virgin Atlantic I would go with - BA.

The seat is better and the service is a little better also. I would also say when it comes down to the food, BA seems to be leagues ahead. Just after Christmas I flew to LAX with BA Club on the outbound and VS on the return and found BA to be much better. Also I don't like Virgin night time cabin service at all.

Seats, prefer the BA seat to the VS suite. Entertainment, Virgin has the lead - for now  Wink

Kimberly