rdukid

CO Transatlantic 757 To DUB

Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:03 am

Later this week I will be flying to Ireland on CO on a 757. This will also be my first time flying Continental. I was wondering if anyone could give me some information on what to expect? I have mostly heard only positive things about Continental so I am pretty excited about the flight over and back...even though both are on a 757. I know this topic doesn't sound to specific but if anybody has any information to share about the Continental 757 transatlantic experience that would be great!
War Eagle!

747fan

RE: CO Transatlantic 757 To DUB

Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:38 am

I'll likely be flying CO transatlantic on a 757 to DUB as well, although I won't be going until Jul. 25. Yes, it will obviously be on narrowbody, which will make the flight notably cozier than on a 767, A330, 777, 747, etc. But CO does have a great product, both in terms of the "hard product" (IFE, seats, aircraft, etc.) and the "soft product" (FA's/service, customer service, etc.), so you should most likely have a great experience. A few of CO's 41 757's have been retrofitted with AVOD in Y (I don't know the exact number) and all should have AVOD by the end of the year. Even if you don't get an AVOD-equipped aircraft, the experience should be fine - they'll show movies/TV programming on LCD overhead screens.
Have a nice flight - I'll be taking the same route (not necessarily the same flight, as there is both CO21/22 and CO125/126 to DUB) eventually!  bigthumbsup 

modesto2

Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:49 pm

CO certainly has quite a bit of experience with transatlantic 757 crossings, and with that said, you should have a pleasant experience. I had AVOD in BusinessFirst EWR-MAD last October and loved it. This system includes touch-screen controls which are MUCH better than the classic controller. As far as legacy carriers go, CO is among the best. Enjoy your trip and post a trip report!

EIEGAA

Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:54 pm

I've flown CO 757s BFS-EWR return twice. Being on a narrow body for a t/a crossing isn't that bad. I have no complaints about the CO product and enjoyed my flights (apart from a late middle-aged coupled in the row in front of me putting their seats back and "making out" for most of the journey).
An Dun, All-Ireland Champions 2010

airportugal310

Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:17 am

Have done EWR-LIS-EWR and CLE-LGW on them and its not an issue at all.

Easier to get personal attention from a flight attendant as there are less people to battle with...just a though
I sell airplanes and airplane accessories