jetblue32

Flight Options For Southern Argentina

Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:32 am

Perhaps anyone can tell me if I am missing any options here. I will be traveling to Argentina next month, and from what I've researched, Aerolineas Argentinas/Austral is the only option to get from EZE/AEP to any cities in the southern part (El Calafate, Rio Gallegos, or Ushuaia), is that right? I tried checking websites for LAN and LADE (which supposedly had very cheap fares) and both were saying no flights available on a wide range of dates I searched.

lima

RE: Flight Options For Southern Argentina

Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:01 am

For those cities only those options, AR/AU, LAN and LADE.

Andes flies to Patagonia, but only to Puerto Madryn (www.andesonline.com)

PHKLM

RE: Flight Options For Southern Argentina

Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:37 am

Quoting Jetblue32 (Thread starter):
Aerolineas Argentinas/Austral is the only option to get from EZE/AEP to any cities in the southern part (El Calafate, Rio Gallegos, or Ushuaia), is that right? I tried checking websites for LAN and LADE (which supposedly had very cheap fares) and both were saying no flights available on a wide range of dates I searched.

This is right. LADE flights cannot be booked online.
LAN operates these flights only in the summer months.
Flight availability on AR might be an issue, but if you're flexible a single seat shouldn't be too much of a challenge.
I recommend flying AEP-USH and then USH-FTE. Depending on where you go next fly either FTE-BRC or FTE-AEP.