Pe@rson
Topic Author

What Ancillary Products Have You Purchased?

Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:49 am

What ancillary products/services have you purchased via an airline's website or other distribution point (e.g. aboard), either through obligation or as an option? For me, it's on-board snacks and drinks, checked luggage, and card fees.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

shankly

RE: What Ancillary Products Have You Purchased?

Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:59 pm

Always on the look out for a good duty free offer!

Recent purchases include:

1. Bang & Olufsen MP3 headset for my wife and a model 744 for my son on BA last year (LHR-MIA). The headset was a real bargain

2. Bagged a Qatar Airways A380 model for my son when flying QR LKR-DOH-KUL earlier this year

Looking forward to my next long hauler with SAA (LHR-CPT) in Oct
L1011 - P F M

Doona

Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:09 pm

Let's see, I bought a watch on an SK flight from Manchester a few years ago, saved almost 200SEK, since I paid in dollars and SK had not yet adjusted the prices after a recent drop in the value of the US dollar.

And awful buy-on-board SK breakfast. *Shudder*. Don't know why I keep buying that crap...

I've also bought a couple of pretty neat "cabin bags" (fancy term for shoulder bags) from SK's online webshop. Check them out here: http://www.crossroads.se/saswebshop/default.asp?language=en

Click your way to "Bags", then on to "SAS Retro". They look great. I have the "Retroline Gothenburg" and the "Retroline Tokyo".

Cheers
mats
Sure, we're concerned for our lives. Just not as concerned as saving 9 bucks on a roundtrip to Ft. Myers.

Superfly

Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:21 pm

If I am flying domestic coach, I am buying drinks on-board. If it's a morning flight, it is usually a bloody Mary or mimosa. Throughout the day it's usually beer and if it's a night flight, I'll have wine or a cocktail.

Has anyone bought bought beef jerky or a sewing kit on SkyBus?  Smile
Bring back the Concorde

OA260

Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:35 pm

Quoting Shankly (Reply 1):
Bagged a Qatar Airways A380 model for my son when flying QR LKR-DOH-KUL earlier this year

Would love one of those !!!

I have bought Aftershave / Aircraft models / drinks and snacks

BlueShamu330s

Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:49 pm

Quoting Pe@rson (Thread starter):
What ancillary products/services have you purchased via an airline's website or other distribution point (e.g. aboard), either through obligation or as an option? For me, it's on-board snacks and drinks, checked luggage, and card fees.

Are you saying that on some carriers, these items are extra...?

Oh how vulgar !!!  Silly

Humphrey, we're leaving !!  Big grin

Shamu
So I drive a 4x4. So what?! Tax the a$$ off me for it...oh, you already have... :-(

staralliance38

Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:45 pm

I've bought a lot of things from the Company Stores of US Airways and AirTran
Roar, lion, roar

egmcman

Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:00 pm

Quoting Pe@rson (Thread starter):

Checked lugage, on board snacks and drinks and speedy boarding plus on my next two flights. I will get an electrical adapter £10 on board. Is aftershave / perfume cheaper than in the airport shops on board?

bok269

Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:57 pm

I bought a turkey wrap on board an AA flight SJU-JFK. It was pretty good. I wouldn't pay $5 for it anywhere else, though.
"Reality is wrong, dreams are for real." -Tupac

National757

Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:05 am

I've purchased water onboard an Allegiant Air flight. I was an employee at the time and thought water was complimentary.....guess not.