Topic Author

How Are The CO Flights To HNL?

Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:18 pm

Hello everyone, I am flying in about a month from IAH-HNL and I wanted to know how CO's HNL flights are. I have never been on a flight longer than 4hrs so I wanted to know how are the IFE, Games, PTV, seats, meals, ect...  confused 

Organization is for people who are to lazy too look for things.

RE: How Are The CO Flights To HNL?

Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:58 pm

Continental is excellent long haul and although it is domestic it is like an international flight because of the amenities:

In Y...
Seating is 2-3-2 so it is not too cramped. You do get a PTV with limited channels, games, music, etc. I am not sure if all of CO's 764s are AVOD equipped. Food is good but small. Seats are a little stiff but comfortable.

In J (called F)...
Seating is 2-1-2 and is very spacious. The seats are international J class so they are very roomy and comfortable. The AVOD is amazing and you get a wide variety. The food is unbelievable and servie is very good.

Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:36 pm

I did EWR-HNL-EWR in August on the 764. I presume that service from Houston is similar.

The 764 is a great aircraft-as the previous poster mentioned, the 2-3-2 layout is great. 86% of the plane has a window or an aisle seat and you are never more than a seat away from the aisle. The non-AVOD system is pretty good. They usually have a feature movie or two on different channels and then 7-8 other channels of TV shows, etc. They cycle through every 4 hours or so so you can catch programs on different channels. There is also an airshow. They have a few games which can be annoying to use at first but are fine once you get the hang of it.

As far as food goes, on the outbound leg (daylight) we were fed three times. First time was a sandwich with snack, than a smaller sandwich, and finally a small snack. Drink service was nearly perpetual. On the way back (red-eye), we got a pretty substantial meal shortly after takeoff and shortly before landing.

Overall the flight out was very bearable. The flight home was not, but that was due to my seatmate...
"Reality is wrong, dreams are for real." -Tupac

Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:45 pm

You will love the flight without a doubt. I've taken the IAH-HNL a few times as well as the much desired yet not on the schedule any longer IAH-OGG flight, all were just perfect. IF you check out the CO website you can find in the "inflight" section information about the food and movies for the flight.

We will be on the IAH-HNL flight in a month as well so enjoy your trip....Aloha Big grin
Any views shared are strictly my own and do not a represent those of any former employer.