ASFlyer81

Flying Long Trip To Hawaii What To Expect

Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:18 pm

Well headed to hawaii on a cross country trip! Fly on Continental flight 234 from Anchorage to new york/newark then flight co15 to honololu, then from Honolou to Big island to Kona then back to honololu then to lihue on Hawiian airlines, then my return trip is from lihue to honololu then to kona then from kona to phoenix on US airways flight 144 then from phoenix to las vegas on Us AIRWAYs flight 209 then from vegas to Anchorage non stop flight 141.

the Airliners consist of , 737-800- 767-400er- 717-200- 757-200- A319

Anything is should expect of? i head the 767 -400er is a impressive aircraft to fly on, im hopeing to get window seats on all flights and a good trip report when i arrive back on the 13th,

Bottom line.. I bought my plane tickets off of priceline.com and the reservations has changed 4 times since i bought the tickets, hopeing to save a few bucks ended up with a 6 stops on each trip, next time i will go with a direct flight
But i did get widebody service to hawaii!!  Big grin

mauiman31

RE: Flying Long Trip To Hawaii What To Expect

Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:59 pm

For your 10 plus hours EWR to HNL on CO, you will have lunch served and in seat video in economy on the 764. CO Hawaii service has always been rated as one the best here and by travelers in general. Coming home on the US 752 from Kona. Standard seats with no in seat video. And bob food. Have fun! What a trip!!

AirCop

Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:17 pm

Quoting Asflyer81 (Thread starter):
Well headed to hawaii on a cross country trip! Fly on Continental flight 234 from Anchorage to new york/newark then flight co15 to honololu,

champagne  I didn't know the state employees in Alaska got paid that well. Can I ask why you are taking the extremely long way around? So you're making a 2770 mile trip into a 8300 plus mile adventure. Ugh!

ASFlyer81

Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:28 pm

what happened, I got my reservations changed cause i was going to fly from seattle to phoenix change from contential to us airways, but us airways changed their flight from phoenix to kona diffrent times and contenital said they had to put on the new york flight to honlolu flight to match my times i need, it wasnt my idea it was theirs

FRNT787

Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:58 pm

Quoting Asflyer81 (Thread starter):
i head the 767 -400er is a impressive aircraft to fly on

Flew LAX-HNL on a CO767-400 Last year (though I was in BusinessFirst). It was an awesome trip, the best airplane ive been on (granted ive only been on 767s). The only bad thing, the return aircraft got switched to the Newark flight which had gone tech, got put on a United 767-300 (very dated). Bring lots of entertainment.
"We have a right to fail, because failure makes us grow" --Glenn Beck

MSYtristar

Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:11 pm

Here's a trip report regarding a trip to HNL on a CO 764 which I took back in '06...some cabin shots as well as descriptions of the meals, IFE, etc. The CO 764 was a great aircraft.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/trip_reports/read.main/86156

davescj

Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:05 pm

Have a great trip, hope you fill a TR!

Dave
Can I have a mojito on this flight?