Slovacek747
Topic Author

Air Asia Experiences?

Sun May 11, 2008 10:26 pm

I just booked 5 flights on Air Asia in June.. Does anyone have any opinions on them or what they are like to fly?

Thanks,
Slovacek747

Globetraveller

RE: Air Asia Experiences?

Mon May 12, 2008 4:58 am

They are cheap and they get you from point A to B. Other than that, I really don't have many nice things to say about them. The boarding tends to be quite a fight without seat assignments and everyone seems to force their way into the plane at once. I rarely see ordered queuing. If that really bothers you, you might want buy one of their Xpress boarding passes on the internet.

But, you get what you pay for I guess. Many of their A320's are nice, new and clean though, so look forward to those.

Regards,
Globetraveller

LDIkaros

Tue May 13, 2008 4:03 pm

So far I flew them only once. They were o.k.. The F/As were quite friendly. Although the plane was an older model 737 it appeared to be well maintained. Seat pitch was a little bit tight but not too bad. The only problem with Air Asia are sudden schedule changes and delays. I would factor long delays into my travel plans when taking Air Asia. Otherwise they get you safely from A to B.

MH017

Wed May 14, 2008 2:16 pm

Slovacek,

Having flown 5 sectors last year in Malaysia (KUL-PEN-KUL-BKI-KCH-KUL), I can tell you all except one were on-time or early !

You fly the Malaysian one, or the ones from Indonesia or Thailand ?

AK (Malaysia) now operate all 320's from KUL; East-Malaysia still get the odd 737's.
Most Indo and Thai flights are 733's, however, and their pitch is awful and very tight, so please pray for the 320's: they're rather new and pleasant to fly on.

Catering is all to be paid for, but prices reasonable; check www.airasia.com

Enjoy it !!!
don't throw away tomorrow !

BNEFlyer

Sat May 17, 2008 8:01 am

Hi Slovacek

I flew AK HKT-KUL-HKT about this time last year and I found them to be brilliant!

Brand new 320's both ways, very friendly cabin crew, well priced BOB goods. The boarding process was good too, I was expecting a free for all, fully chaotic shambles, however each flight was boarded very smoothly.

If you are wanting to sit in the exit rows, I recommend boarding via the rear door (very rarely will you board via an aerobridge). It seems most people like to sit at the front, so if you board via the rear, you can head straight for rows 12 & 13 (on the 320).

I'm looking forward to my next Air Asia trip in September on FD, from HAN to BKK!

Have a great holiday!

Pe@rson

Sat May 17, 2008 9:14 am

Flown them a few times. No problems, other than the occasional delay.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."