KaiGywer
Crew
Topic Author

Connecting In BOS

Fri May 09, 2008 10:49 am

I am flying MSP-BOS-AMS this afternoon. I will be arriving in BOS at 7:07pm, with my connection leaving at 9:40pm to AMS. My brother lives about an hour from the airport. Do I have enough time to meet with him, and still get back through security and catch my flight? I will have a business class boarding pass (and airline ID) if that matters. Are there any restaurants outside of security at BOS, or one closeby?
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

airbazar

RE: Connecting In BOS

Fri May 09, 2008 12:33 pm

Yes, plenty of time. At that time of the night the terminal is dead. There is 1 restaurant upstairs before security and it actually happens to be right next to the security checkpoint so you can gauge the lines while you eat  Smile But if you have a business class boarding pass that shouldn't be a problem for you because there are seperate security lines.

KaiGywer
Crew
Topic Author

Fri May 09, 2008 1:58 pm

Quoting Airbazar (Reply 1):
Yes, plenty of time. At that time of the night the terminal is dead. There is 1 restaurant upstairs before security and it actually happens to be right next to the security checkpoint so you can gauge the lines while you eat But if you have a business class boarding pass that shouldn't be a problem for you because there are seperate security lines.

Thank you. Exactly what I was looking for  Smile
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

SNATH

Fri May 09, 2008 2:08 pm

There is 1 restaurant upstairs before security and it actually happens to be right next to the security checkpoint so you can gauge the lines while you eat

I've had a snack there once; the service was poor (we had a very moody waitress) and they didn't have half the things we ordered. I'm not going back...

If you're willing to walk 10-15 mins to terminal C, there's a Legal Seafoods there (outside security), which has better and more consistent food and service than any other place at BOS (IMHO of course).

At that time of the night the terminal is dead.

But if you have a business class boarding pass that shouldn't be a problem for you because there are seperate security lines.

Yeah. I've flown out of Terminal E that time of the night several times. Security lines are really not an issue; especially if you can get on the business / first line...

Tony
Nikon: we don't want more pixels, we want better pixels.

airbazar

Fri May 09, 2008 2:48 pm

Quoting SNATH (Reply 3):
I've had a snack there once; the service was poor (we had a very moody waitress) and they didn't have half the things we ordered. I'm not going back...

Personally I've never had a bad experience there but it is an airport restaurant so don't expect much. The pizza was good though. And yes, terminal C has better options but not as convenient.

N766UA

Fri May 09, 2008 2:53 pm

You arrive at 7 and leave at 9:40? Assuming your brother is coming to meet you, that's not a problem. You could probably even duck into Boston on the T and come back, if you don't find anything you want in the terminal. I hope you're not planning on driving the hour to meet him, though, otherwise you'll have, what, 36 seconds to visit?  silly 

[Edited 2008-05-09 07:54:59]
This Website Censors Me

B752OS

Fri May 09, 2008 3:07 pm

If you can squeeze it in, there's a place called Santarpios in East Boston either before the entrance to the Callahan and Sumner tunnels. It's got great food and would be a 5 min cab ride from Logan.

st530

Fri May 09, 2008 8:04 pm

Quoting B752OS (Reply 6):
If you can squeeze it in, there's a place called Santarpios in East Boston either before the entrance to the Callahan and Sumner tunnels. It's got great food and would be a 5 min cab ride from Logan.

Hear hear! You could even take the free airport shuttle bus to the Airport T station then walk to Santarpio's from there. I never miss stopping at 'Tahp's when I go to BOS. Some of the best pizza in the world, and certainly in Boston.

KaiGywer
Crew
Topic Author

Tue May 13, 2008 10:18 am

I ended up making the direct MSP-AMS, but thanks for the tips anyways  Smile

iliribdl

Tue May 13, 2008 6:56 pm

How long did you stay in AMS?
delta.com

KaiGywer
Crew
Topic Author

Tue May 13, 2008 9:16 pm

Quoting IliriBDL (Reply 9):
How long did you stay in AMS?

About six hours  Silly

iliribdl

Wed May 14, 2008 1:47 am

Quoting KaiGywer (Reply 10):
About six hours Silly

Thats long enough.  Wink
delta.com