Eirules

As Oil Prices Rise Will Pilots Disappear

Sun May 25, 2008 5:17 pm

I have a question. As we continue to see the price of oil rise throughout the world and the continuing impact it is having on the aviation industry, will we see the demand for pilots decrease or will the natural retirement etc just level things out for those wishing to become a commercial pilot?
The way you cut your meat reflects the way you live....

wilco737

RE: As Oil Prices Rise Will Pilots Disappear

Sun May 25, 2008 5:57 pm

Quoting EIRules (Thread starter):

As long as the passenger pay for flying (maybe more in the future) we need pilots. I am sure there will be some alternatives to jet fuel available before our oil is empty. and then we still need pilots.

WILCO737 (MD11F)
 airplane 

dl767captain

RE: As Oil Prices Rise Will Pilots Disappear

Mon May 26, 2008 5:45 am

The big hype right now is oil prices, which is a big issue right now. But the oil companies are pretty stupid if they think no one will develop an alternative. Oil prices this high will make companies start to look for alternative fuels, some already have but these prices will just expedite the research. Oil can not cost this much forever and i doubt it will for very long. Hydrogen is becoming very promising for cars like the Honda FCX Clarity up in LA right now. Assuming all the trials go well, which they have so far, we will begin seeing hydrogen gas stations and cars popping up all over the place. With less cars using oil the price of oil should also go down as they will not need to produce so much. And during that time when prices slowly drop and become steady, while still high priced, we will see more alternatives.