JetBlueAUS
Topic Author

What To Do In ORD For Four Hours?

Mon May 26, 2008 11:47 pm

I have a four hour layover at ORD this Wednesday. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do?
Not all of us can be heroes, some of us can only stand on the sidewalk and clap as they go by.

staralliance38

RE: What To Do In ORD For Four Hours?

Tue May 27, 2008 1:03 am

Spot?....seriously, its fun  Smile

OK..More specific: Go to one of the lounges that you can get into (or just pay) and then go explore ORD! Spot, eat, and shop in ORD. Just make the best of it and it will make great content for a TR!
Roar, lion, roar

deltairlines

Tue May 27, 2008 2:55 am

Grab a bite to eat at a sit-down restaurant. That'll take an hour or so and make it that much easier. Anytime I have a long layover like that, I will grab a bite to eat (even sitting in a lounge gets old after a while). Plenty of room to walk around ORD - everything is beyond security so you could easily walk every concourse twice and still have plenty of time.

AmricanShamrok

Tue May 27, 2008 9:58 pm

Go to the lobby of the airport Hilton hotel and you'll find a little store dedicated to aviation enthusiasts. It's called ORD Chicago. I don't know about most people but I could spend hours in there and the staff are friendly and interested in aviation too.

staralliance38

Tue May 27, 2008 11:10 pm

Quoting AmricanShamrok (Reply 3):
Go to the lobby of the airport Hilton hotel and you'll find a little store dedicated to aviation enthusiasts

Last I heard, it went out of business  Sad
Roar, lion, roar

AmricanShamrok

Wed May 28, 2008 11:37 am

Quoting StarAlliance38 (Reply 4):
Last I heard, it went out of business

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! When did you hear that? Why did they go out of business?

isitsafenow

Wed May 28, 2008 8:28 pm

Quoting AmricanShamrok (Reply 5):
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! When did you hear that? Why did they go out of business?

It was posted here last week that the store is going to close soon...like before June 1st if I remember right.
What to do? Watch people or planes whichever you prefer.

Quoting DeltAirlines (Reply 2):
Grab a bite to eat at a sit-down restaurant

I need an update because I don't do O'hare anymore. WHERE is the sitdown restaurant at ORD
where you get waited on?
I don't mean the mulit food counter grab-and-sit at the C at United either.
safe
If two people agree on EVERYTHING, then one isn't necessary.

deltairlines

Wed May 28, 2008 9:43 pm

Quoting Isitsafenow (Reply 6):

I need an update because I don't do O'hare anymore. WHERE is the sitdown restaurant at ORD
where you get waited on?

Not sure exactly since I don't do ORD either anymore but I'd be shocked if an airport the size of ORD doesn't have a sit-down restaurant somewhere in the T1-T2-T3 complex. In fact, just skimming through ORD's website, I see they have a Macaroni Grill in the AA concourse, Wolfgang Puck in T1 and T3 (I'm assuming it's like the one at CVG Concourse B) and I'm sure there's plenty more.