N867DA
Topic Author

Why Is DL 17 (BOM-JFK) Late?

Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:51 am

I noticed that Delta 17 (JFK-BOM-ATL) is late June 10th. It is scheduled to depart at 12:20 am, but it didn't leave until 2:05am. The flight for June 11th has already been given a 'delayed' status and it is expected to depart at 1:10 am. What is even more puzzling is that DL 17 reaches JFK at 8:20am and departs for ATL at 8:30 am today. I know that there is an equipment change from a 77L to a 752, but I expected that since they share a flight number, DL will hold the flight for pax flying on DL 17 all the way to ATL. My father is flying on DL 17 from BOM to ATL tomorrow, and it'd be a big mess if he doesn't make it to ATL at 11:10 as scheduled. One of the reasons he chose DL is because he thought a direct flight was a safer option in case of delays.
A nation turns its lonely eyes to you

deltairlines

RE: Why Is DL 17 (BOM-JFK) Late?

Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:42 pm

Quoting N867DA (Thread starter):
I expected that since they share a flight number, DL will hold the flight for pax flying on DL 17 all the way to ATL

Nope - there are still 5 JFK-ATL flights left after the continuation of DL17, so whatever continuing passengers there are, they'll just roll them over on to DL5455 which is the 1140a departure from JFK; likewise, if they want an earlier flight, DL would probably be willing to put them on an earlier flight out of LGA providing the passenger can get his own transportation to LGA.