seansasLCY
Topic Author

Laptop Power On CX 744/ A340

Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:13 pm

I'm travelling to HK on July 22nd LHR-HKG on 744. I want to use my laptop onboard so can anybody tell me what the connection is like onboard CX 744 and A340.
There website says:
"Inflight laptop power is available to passengers on a shared basis in Economy Class.The power output is 15 volt DC (75 watts) or 110 volt AC (100 watts)**.

When travelling on aircraft equipped with DC power, you need to have your own universal air power adaptor that plugs into an "empower" socket. This is different from your terrestrial power charger, and can purchase on the ground at any major computer store.

AC power sockets are receptacle for US 2 or 3 pins plug and European standard. It is suitable for most multi-plug adaptors commonly used by travellers and no transformer is required."

If it is AC does this mean i just use my normal charger and no adaptor is required? Which would be most likely onboard CX LHR-HKG-LHR 744/A340?

Thanks

Who is online