Silverstreak
Topic Author

Round The World Trip On Business

Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:07 pm

Starting 7.15, I have a round the world trip (4 mos.) planned to go to from SFO to LAX TO LIM, SCL, EZE, MAD, AMM, CAI (via AMM), BKK, Cambodia and Viet Nam (air TBD), SGN, HKG, PER, SYD, AKL, to LAX and then SFO. So far, the international sectors use a LAN 763, IB A346, RJ A321, E95, and a A313, and QF 333, B767, B744. I am flying business on all sectors. I've flown business once on a AA MD80. What can I expect business to be like on these airlines? I will look forward to having better seat comfort for starters. Anyone care to share their comments re these airlines. I feel that I won't be disappointed by any of them. I get my ticket tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

navymmw

RE: Round The World Trip On Business

Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:17 pm

hey, the trip sounds exciting. I hope you have a good trip! But there is one flaw on your trip. Your tickets have your name on them when they should say my name, why dont they? lol, have a good time!

Elite

Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:48 pm

I don't think you'll be disappointed... thats a lot of different places and a lot of different planes - sounds very exciting!

henkybaby

Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:56 pm

Looks like a DONE5. Is it?

You will love LAN. It is pretty awsome for business. At least if you get the new config. IB is slightly worse, but still far better than what you are used to. RJ is comparable to domestic First. Nothing to write home about. QF looks pretty good too, but I have not flown them yet. I prefer BA since they offer flat beds.

All in all I think LAN is your best seat and RJ your worst. But since so far you only flew domestic business you will be in for one major positive surprise. Do not forget to enjoy the lounge experience.

Piece of advice: with your itinerary you may want to consider joining QF's FF program.

Enjoy the trip! Doing one myself too...  Smile
Wherever you go, there you are!