VivaGunners
Topic Author

4 Hours Layover In CDG - What To Do?

Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:25 pm

Hi all,
In a month time I'm spending a 4 hours layover in Paris CDG airport, during my connection from VRN on to ATL with AF.
Given I will be checked-in to destination I will have quite a lot of time to kill.
I know there is no spectator terrace or similar, but I have not been in CDG before, so I don't know the place at all
Any useful tip from CDG regualrs out there? Like good spotting or viewing points from inside the terminals or just outside of them.

Thanks a lot!
Any ideas for a signature?

henkybaby

RE: 4 Hours Layover In CDG - What To Do?

Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:52 pm

4 hrs is barely enough time to change from your arrival to your departure terminal... Big grin
Wherever you go, there you are!

HT

Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:23 pm

In case you get hungry ...: http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...s/aviation_polls/read.main/157067/

Quoting VivaGunners (Thread starter):
Like good spotting or viewing points from inside the terminals or just outside of them.

Landside: Strolling from T2E/F to T2C gives some limited views of the southernly apron. You might continue to T2A. T2B and T2D usually are less attractive from the a/c parked there.

Views onto a/c parked at T1 (you will have to use the automated train CDGVal to get there from T2) are very very limited (= almost impossible).
T3 (also via CDGVal) has no views at all. The taxiway behind T3 is not used by too many attractive a/c, but hanging around there for a longer time would be regarded as "wild/uncontrolled spotting" which is discouraged to not allowed at any AdP-airports, IIRC
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

dazbo5

Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:33 pm

Quoting Henkybaby (Reply 1):
4 hrs is barely enough time to change from your arrival to your departure terminal

Took me about an hour to transfer from 2F / 2C and vice versa. It depends on the terminals, they're all different and offer different things. There's plenty of shopping you can do, great views over the apron / runways to keep you entertained and playstations (free) if you get really bored!

Darren
Equipment: 2x Canon EOS 50D; Sigma 10-20 EX DC HSM, 50-500 EX APO DG, Canon 24-105 f/4 L, Speedlite 430EX

babybus

Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:32 am

I had to spend 12 hours there once due to missing a connection to NRT. There isn't that much to do except walk between the different terminals, shop and eat. I didn't find anywhere where you can spot planes.

Four hours really isn't too long. With a bit of a delay on landing and deplaning you might find you have even less than 4 hours.
and with that..cabin crew, seats for landing please.