ag92

Frequent Flyer Help

Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:27 pm

Well here is the thing, AFAIK United had this one action for every three years will give you unlimited validity on miles, but do they still have it?

I am looking for a FFP which gives me unlimited miles validity

Any help would be appreciated

rogerbcn

RE: Frequent Flyer Help

Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:52 pm

Hola Ag92!

I do not know about United but not very often FFPs give unlimited validity to your miles unless you reach a status and keep it. I am in Miles&More and once you become a Frequent Traveller, the immediate status after the basic one, your miles have unlimited validity.

Something that my previous program, IB plus, did not have although I reached Gold status.

The good thing about M&M is that it is the shared program for LH, LX and OS.

I hope it helps.

Salut!

Roger
"At reise er at leve" H.C. Andersen (Travelling is Living)

deltairlines

Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:24 am

Northwest miles currently do not expire at all. The one caveat is that I do not expect this perk to last the merger with Delta, whose miles currently expire 18 months after last activity.

alaska737

Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:03 am

Alaska's never expire and they have a lot of partners.

ag92

Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:33 am

Quoting Rogerbcn (Reply 1):
I do not know about United but not very often FFPs give unlimited validity to your miles unless you reach a status and keep it. I am in Miles&More and once you become a Frequent Traveller, the immediate status after the basic one, your miles have unlimited validity.

Yes, but attaining frequent traveler status is extremley hard with my flying pattern,

Are there any in Star Alliance, and secondly it seems Asiana is the best, 20000 miles/2 years of silver status and 40,000 miles/2 years for gold status, with miles lasting between 5-7 years much more than krisflyer

Anyways, thanks for your help, if there are any more suggestions than they are welcome as well

ozvirginuk

Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:40 am

Quoting Ag92 (Thread starter):
Well here is the thing, AFAIK United had this one action for every three years will give you unlimited validity on miles, but do they still have it?

I am looking for a FFP which gives me unlimited miles validity

Any help would be appreciated

United Mileage Plus Miles do not expire provided you earn miles at least every 18 months. This does not mean you have to fly. I have a Mileage PLus credit card, and as I earned miles using that, I got to keep my existing miles for another 18 months. So long as you can earn at least once every 18 months you'll get unlimited life.

Many programs have this type of system. Both Qantas Frequent Flyer and Virgin Atlantic Flying club miles last forever, so long as you earn at least once every 3 years. IMHO, United, QF and VS have the best FFP. QF in particular make it pretty easy to get status. I've only been back in OZ for 3 months, and I am half a trip off silver status!!