regupilot

Travel From Bangkok To Samiu - Help

Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:38 pm

Anyone knows a cheap way to travel from Bangkok to Samiu? I could also leave from Chiang Mai! Please let me know... Bangkok Air wants $300+ roundtrip... there should be a cheaper way!

Million thanks in advance!

-Ragu

[Edited 2008-07-09 14:43:27]

HT

RE: Travel From Bangkok To Samiu - Help

Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:27 am

Quoting ReguPilot (Thread starter):
Samiu

Do you mean Koh Samui USM ?

What are the dates you are looking into ?
-HT

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koh_Samui_Airport mentions that there is a High-speed ferry to Chumphon on mainland peninsula ...

[Edited 2008-07-10 00:40:47]
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

MEA-707

Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:34 am

Bangkok Air has a monopoly on flights. Sometimes their early morning and late evening flights are cheap.
Or indeed search for Surat Thani, cheaper flights by Thai, Nok, One-Two-Go etc. but reserve time for the transfer from the airport, the ferry etc.
Or take one airline out, the other airline back as all airlines have one way pricing.
I did that late 2006; took the 6 am Bangkok Air flight for like $60, and One-Two-Go back from Surat Thani.
nobody has ever died from hard work, but why take the risk?

MHG

Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:28 pm

Well, also Thai Airways has 2 daily flights now from BKK to USM ! But their fares are almost the same as Bangkok Airways...

Another option would be to fly to Phuket (HKT) on any lowcost carrier and add one of the 2 daily non-stop Bangkok Air flights between HKT and USM which are significantly cheaper than the BKK-USM sector!. So, in the end you might save up to 100,-$ on a return.

Btw.: if you don´t mind - the first and the last flight of the day between BKK and USM always have the lowest fare availlable !!! This would be the cheapest solution of all. (return~205,-US$ incl. tax ! )
I miss the sound of rolls royce darts and speys

amciver

Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:53 pm

Bangkok Air also fly from Pattya to USM - I don;t know the prices but is only a few hours drive from BKK to Pattya

You can get a train or bus from bangkok (very cheap) to Surat Thani then a ferry (30mins) to Samui island

HT

Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:07 pm

Quoting Amciver (Reply 4):
Bangkok Air also fly from Pattya to USM - I don;t know the prices but is only a few hours drive from BKK to Pattya

Make that UTP (U-Tapao, the old U.S. AFB), which is south of Pattaya / Jomtien ...
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !