abrelosojos

Questions On Iran, Saha Air + More

Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:10 pm

Hey all,

So I finally managed to get a ticket on Conviasa/Iran Air's weekly flight from CCS to THR via DAM in November. I am now hoping to get some advice and help on securing flights on Saha Air and some other exotic "birds". I know quite a few of you have been to Iran and done the same thing, so was hoping to get some help.

> Does anyone have a local contact to arrange for everything? Of course, for a fee ...
> Any idea where I could see some schedules?
> Any idea how to get to the junkyard to see some old aircrafts?
> Airlines and aircrafts I should fly.

In return, I promise some great TR's. Please let me know.

Thanks,
A.
Live, and let live.

vhqpa

RE: Questions On Iran, Saha Air + More

Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:06 pm

There's a really good Article on Iran aviation here

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-articles/read.main?id=88

I believe there are also organised tours for traveling on exotic aircraft in Iran. However since you already have reservations this may not be option.

Vhq
"There you go ladies and gentleman we're through Mach 1 the speed of sound no bumps no bangs... CONCORDE"

FlySSC

Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:00 pm

Quoting Abrelosojos (Thread starter):
Airlines and aircrafts I should fly.

You definately have to fly on SAHA's B707.
They usually fly them between THR and KIH (Kish Island) but also MHD (Mashhad).

Most hotels can arrange your airline ticket. Do you know already in which hotel you will stay ?

HT

Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:54 pm

Quoting Vhqpa (Reply 1):
I believe there are also organised tours for traveling on exotic aircraft in Iran.

Airevents has had regular tours to Iran including flights on interesting a/c.
As you will travel on your own, you might want to get into contact with their local organizer PARS which is listed at the bottom of their tour descriptions. This agency should be aware what the aviation enthusiast is looking for ...

www.airevents.com
www.key2persia.com
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

JRadier

Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:26 pm

I'm going to follow this thread as I'm planning on going to Iran as well on my way to or from Japan (hoping to fly the Iran Air 747SP) incidentally in November as well.
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and ther