waterpolodan

Your Preferred Method Of Ticket Booking?

Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:13 pm

I'm about to book a multi-city trip to Europe, MIA-FCO-BCN-MIA for september/early october, and I'm trying to find the absolute cheapest website/travel agency/airline/whatever with which to do this. I've used Kayak for a long time, it seems to search more airlines than other travel sites, but I'm still getting a fare of around 1400 dollars and I was hoping for it to be more like 1100, does anyone know of a good travel agent or a better website that could help me out?

TransIsland

RE: Your Preferred Method Of Ticket Booking?

Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:24 pm

For multi-stops I often find good deals at opodo.co.uk or at airline's websites, provided they or their codeshare partners fly the routes needed.

Another option would be to try MIA-FCO & BCN-MIA somewhere like aa.com (or some airline that flies the routes) and then look for FCO-BCN at some European LCC website.
I'm an aviation expert. I have Sky Juice for breakfast.

waterpolodan

Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:16 pm

Well, I ended up booking today, and it worked out that I just bought a round trip to FCO on Iberia for 1,050, and I can buy a round trip from FCO to BCN some time in the next couple weeks for around 150 USD, so that'll work out just fine...

AF340

Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:27 pm

Get a quote from a Travel Agent at an Airline Ticket Consolidator.

I've got good fares from Tour East Holidays. But try calling them, the better rates are from the agents as opposed to the website...

http://www.toureast.com/wwte/Index.asp

You could also try QPx system at ITA:

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/cvg/dispatch

Liam spin 

Yflyer

Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:10 pm

I see your profile says you're a student, so I strongly recommend looking at http://www.statravel.com/. They specialize in finding flights with student/youth discounts. Back when I was still eligible for such discounts they saved me around $200 on a trip to Hawaii. It looks like you've already bought your tickets, but you might want to keep them in mind for next time.