Topic Author

More Award Seats Becoming Available

Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:00 pm

Hey everyone,

I just got word from United that one of my flights in my series of flights that I booked using my mileage plus miles has been canceled. Therefore, I now am on a flight to Chicago that arrives 5 hours before my Lufthansa flight to Frankfurt! I called to see if I could change my itinerary around, but there are no reward seats available, which doesn't surprise me. The guy that I talked to at United mentioned that it's worth calling back before my trip starts since, depending on Lufthansa's number of revenue passengers, they might make more reward seats available. My flight is LH 433 on Sept. 20th. I was hoping that I could switch to either LH 435 (ORD) or LH 415 (IAD), both via MUC. I don't think 415 was much of an option since there were no seats available on the flight to IAD. Is it normal for airlines to introduce more reward seats? Any idea on the load factors of these flights? I'll be flying ROC-STR. Thanks!

RE: More Award Seats Becoming Available

Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:01 pm

For SQ that is quite normal if there are lots of available seats before flight departs than a few days before they open up those seats, thats why we generally get the Singapore - Delhi redemption seats otherwise we wouldn't even have a chance