levent

Fying In Biz From Europe To US

Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:33 pm

My wife and I plan to make a trip from Vienna to Denver in the near future and we would like to fly in Business Class. From my first research it looks like the most probable options are:

- British Airways
- Austrian Airlines / United
- Brussels Airlines / American.

Out of these, which carriers offer the best business product?

I also found a combination with LOT Polish Airlines and American. Any experiences with LOT?

Thanks!

Qantasistheway

RE: Fying In Biz From Europe To US

Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:38 pm

I would say go with BA, flat beds are great. Am yet to try the new ones but I imagine they are an improvement. OS are also good due to the cooking but the overall experience I imagine will be better. Last time I took OS was SYD-KUL-VIE in J were great food wise but the rest was a bit iffy ie PTV's and seats.

Cheers

fbgdavidson

Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:43 pm

Whichever keeps you on a longhaul/non-US carrier premium product the longest.  Wink

To me it's BA and no other option. Also on LHR-DEN there is no First cabin on the 777 so you've got two Club World cabins. The front one being the smaller, more intimate cabin that you wouldn't get on the four class aircraft. The other bonus some people have noticed is that the service in J on these three class flights is better than J on a four class flight since it is the best class of service available. I haven't done enough of these to tell the difference!
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey

treeny

Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:48 pm

For sure BA without a moments thought.

CW was a great product anyway and if you get the NGCW happy days...a product I hear to rival many F products and that includes BAs own!!!!!

davehammer

Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:16 pm

I'd go on BA myself, or maybe Lufthansa via FRA or MUC? The flight times on BA are also quite pleasant. If you're considering United via LHR, remember that the LHR-DEN flight is discontinued after 25th October this year.

Quoting Fbgdavidson (Reply 2):
Whichever keeps you on a longhaul/non-US carrier premium product the longest. Wink

To me it's BA and no other option. Also on LHR-DEN there is no First cabin on the 777 so you've got two Club World cabins. The front one being the smaller, more intimate cabin that you wouldn't get on the four class aircraft. The other bonus some people have noticed is that the service in J on these three class flights is better than J on a four class flight since it is the best class of service available. I haven't done enough of these to tell the difference!

Definitely true! I just did LHR-DEN and back in CW and the service was above what I was used to in CW on a 4 class flight, also as you say the front cabin is very secluded away from the bustle of the rest of the plane.