swissair4ever

DL Non-Rev Question. Help!

Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:27 pm

hey guys,

if someone is listed on DL16 from ATL-BOM (since it is a one flight number service), will they be cleared in ATL all the way to BOM. even though there is change of equip in JFK.

also, if someone travels on an earlier ATL-JFK flight, will they slightly higher on the list at JFK for the JFK-BOM as a through passenger.

also, please please please if anyone can answer questions about exact loads, and where on the list in the delta travel net a non-rev is at present for that flight...PLEASE message me.

i'm in need of help!

THANKS!

doug_or

RE: DL Non-Rev Question. Help!

Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:48 pm

Not sure about the first two, though I certainly hope and believe the answer is no.

Your profile didn't have an e-mail contact, but if you have specific load questions feel free to e-mail me.
When in doubt, one B pump off

mayor

Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:52 pm

It's unlikely that they will be cleared all the way thru to BOM unless the flight is wide open. They will, however, be given priority over ANY of the non-revs flying out of JFK to BOM. This also, I suppose, answers your second question. Just because they arrive in JFK, earlier, doesn't get them on the flight to BOM before other non revs. They still have to clear by priority and date of hire.

[Edited 2008-08-01 08:53:41]
"A committee is a group of the unprepared, appointed by the unwilling, to do the unnecessary"----Fred Allen

a340crew

Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:54 pm

traveling non-rev you are cleared point to point...so ATL-JFK-BOM

stylo777

Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:33 pm

my company always says "buy tickets point-to-point even it is a one-stop flight". so in your case I would highly recommend to buy ATL-JFK and JFK-BOM tickets seperate (just in case of...)

Mir

Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:13 am

Quoting Mayor (Reply 2):
They will, however, be given priority over ANY of the non-revs flying out of JFK to BOM. This also, I suppose, answers your second question. Just because they arrive in JFK, earlier, doesn't get them on the flight to BOM before other non revs. They still have to clear by priority and date of hire.

This seems to be contradictory. They get priority over any of the JFK-BOM nonrevs by virtue of being an ATL-BOM nonrev, but they also have to clear by priority for JFK-BOM?  confused 

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

petteri

Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:24 pm

Could they mean that they are getting to check in early for the JFL-BOM flight by being able to do this in ATL? Then then would go to the "top" of the list, if the list for this type of non-rev is ordered by time of check in.
The above comments are my personal comments and in no way should be viewed as the views,policy or statements of JetBlue