plairbus

From Europe To Cun! BA Again, IB, Virgin Or ...?

Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:01 pm

Hi guys, a year ago virgin atlantic was here in cancun to see if they are going to fly with A-340 from London to Cancun like BA did years ago with the 777, but they finally decide not to fly to Cancun, for whatever reason... I remeber virgin here because i went with the group to Chichen-itza. Iberia was also looking to fly to Cancun but they sold or rent they slot to Iberworld and at the moment they fly in codeshare with Iberworld here to Cun, something what is not doind well for Iberia since the service onboard Iberword is not good.
So some info if Iberia, Ba, or virgin or any other European Airline will perhaps take a look if it would be good for the open a new route to Cancun? Any Info?

Sketty222

RE: From Europe To Cun! BA Again, IB, Virgin Or ..

Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:15 pm

Well last year I spoke to a friend of mine who was working within the route management team at BA and they didnt mention CUN as a route BA were looking at. To be perfectly honest, the way the economy is at the moment Id be surprised to see BA start new leisure routes and think that they will concentrate on routes that will bring in premium traffic
There's flying and then there's flying