SFOFlyer
Topic Author

UA SFO-SYD Loads And K Fare Class Question

Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:18 am

I'm traveling from SFO-SYD on UA863 next Thursday, Sept 11th and returning the following week on UA870 on Sept 18th and I was wondering if someone could tell me what the load looks like?

From what I can tell, it seems that the loads right now (I know that is is not peak season) are around 50% in economy and Business looks pretty open as well. Do these plane go out with weight restrictions this time of year (i.e. not always full in economy) for the 14h30m flight?

Also, my company policy is to always book the lowest economy fare (which is a K fare class in this case - heavily discounted and restricted). I am a 1K (40,000 more until a Million Mile Flyer!) and I think this is the first time I am unable to upgrade to business class using miles or System Wides because of the restricted K class fare. Business Class looks wide open on those flights and I was wondering if I had any chance to sweet talk my way into business class by using miles (which I know my fare won't let me but maybe the CSR might) or my status. Maybe at gate or the red carpet club?

Any thoughts?
UA 1K Million Mile Flyer