davehammer

Connecting Between BA And CO At IAH

Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:54 pm

Sorry for the boring question that's possibly been asked many times before, but for my next trip in December, I'm planning to go on BA from LHR to IAH and then by CO from IAH to DEN. Arriving on my BA flight having cleared customs and immigration, will I then need to go landside to get to Terminal C for my connecting flight to DEN and do the check in procedure again or will I be able to remain airside. I'm guessing I have to go landside but just wanted to make 100% sure so that I allow enough time for my connection.

Cheers in advance!

HT

RE: Connecting Between BA And CO At IAH

Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:03 pm

Quoting Davehammer (Thread starter):
Arriving on my BA flight having cleared customs and immigration, will I then need to go landside to get to Terminal C for my connecting flight to DEN and do the check in procedure again or will I be able to remain airside. I'm guessing I have to go landside but just wanted to make 100% sure so that I allow enough time for my connection.

Provided your luggage have been checked thru to DEN and you are in possession of your onward Boarding pass: After immigration you retrieve your luggage and clear customs. Immediately afterwards there should be a luggage drop point. (And a transfer counter of CO in case you still need to check your luggage to DEN and/or get a Boarding Pass).
Afterwards you are landside at concourse E (at IAH they call them Terminals) and have to go through security check again, as you could have retrieved articles from your previously checked luggage. As the concourses are interconnected airside, you can clear security anywhere (i.e. at "E"); there is no need to head for "C" landside.

Terminal Map
International Travel

A connection time around the mark of 90 minutes should be a pleasurable one; slightly more would give you the option to get something to eat & drink.
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

DFW13L

Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:11 pm

I connected from BA to CO at IAH a few months ago. And I was a non-rev (so my bag was not checked onward). I exited Customs and Immigration. I took the escalator up one level, where there is a huge are for Continental Airlines check-in. You can check in at Terminal E. You don't have to go to another terminal. And it's just upstairs from the customs exit. Very easy.
See, I knew American Eagle was first class all along!

davehammer

Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:10 am

Thanks guys. Sounds like a good option then. I would fly direct to DEN but a) I want to fly on a 747 and b) Mileage upgrade availability is minimal to DEN at the time I want to go.