ContinentalEWR
Topic Author

DL 737-800 Transcon - JFK Question

Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:45 am

I will be flying from JFK to SEA later this month, on DL, departing in the evening. We are flying on a 737-800. Our ticket says "BUSINESS". We used SkyMiles for free tickets. My question is what kind of premium cabin service does DL have on the 738 ex. JFK?

I flew Delta's 737-800 from JFK to SLC earlier this year and the plane was in the Delta-flot livery and the interior had not been redone.

What kind of service can we expect? Food? Entertainment?

I'm used to CO's 737-800's on transcons which are essentially a standardized product.

Thx.

JKJ777

RE: DL 737-800 Transcon - JFK Question

Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:29 am

Expect to have IFE with free movies and HBO in your first class seat. This is not a true 'business class' seat, however. The leg room will be approximately 37 inches and the seat should be leather. As long as you are not on the red eye, you will be offered breakfast, lunch, or dinner. If on the red eye, expect a small snack and the usual drinks. Most of my meals around the lunch hour have been a turkey sandwich with salad and brownie. It has been a few months since I have had a pasta and chicken dish (which was fantastic!). There is nothing truly exceptional about the domestic first class seats. It is comfortable and enjoyable but not anything that changes your perspective on flying first class. Enjoy the trip. I sure love NYC!!