thaia345

MUC-ZRH, LH CRJ Or Swiss RJ85 In J?

Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:55 am

Hi Guys,

I need to make a MUC-ZRH run on 4 Nov in J. SO I need your advice which is better to take in J, Swiss in their RJ85 or LH with the CRJ700/900.

Thanks

airmale

RE: MUC-ZRH, LH CRJ Or Swiss RJ85 In J?

Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:11 am

It is such a short flight, does it really matter? You take off and before you even notice, you have landed in Zurich....... it's not like an ultra longhaul flight where the seat, PTV and service would really make a difference.....
.....up there with the best!

stylo777

Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:03 am

LH seating is 2-2, LX 2-3 so wih LH you have definately both seats for your own convenience.
but as Airmale said already "does it really matter for a flight of 45-50 minutes?"

BALHRWWCC

Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:08 am

Quoting ThaiA345 (Thread starter):
I need to make a MUC-ZRH run on 4 Nov in J. SO I need your advice which is better to take in J, Swiss in their RJ85 or LH with the CRJ700/900.

It depends have you flowin in the CRJ 700/900 and RJ85 before?? If there is one you haven't choose that and experience a different ride. Also if it is a round trip why don't you book to travel on one to ZRH and the other back to MUC.

Personally having flown in both I would choose the RJ85. LX's are configured 2 and 3 so they don't feel as cramped as the RJ's 3/3 configuration operated by other airlines.

Whatever you choose you money will end in LH's wallet

castroprauxel

Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:28 am

CRJ, definitely CRJ. although a short hop, at least you can see something out the windows, as oppose to the nothing you get to see when the whale-aircraft engines are in your face. I hate that aircraft...

Someone83

Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:40 am

Quoting CastropRauxel (Reply 4):
CRJ, definitely CRJ. although a short hop, at least you can see something out the windows, as oppose to the nothing you get to see when the whale-aircraft engines are in your face. I hate that aircraft...

If he's sitting is J/C, he should be able to get in front of the engines

SR100

Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:57 am

May I remind you that Swiss no longer operates RJ85s, but only RJ100s.

Regarding the comfort, there is no difference, besides that the RJ100 has 3 row more and there fore the ratio passenger per flight attendant and toilet is higher, since from both there are only two on board...

Having flown both, the LH CRJ and LX RJ100 on this route, I would say from a flying experience the RJ100 is more interesting, because it is an aircraft with a shorter remaining life time, it makes a unique noise when the flabs are used after take-off and before landing, and the two seats on the left hand side are spacious, since Swiss has installed the new Recaro seats, because they have quite a big and unusuall space between the window and the window seat.

The CRJ has less noise, especially being seated in the forward section, but it has the tube effect since it is a long but narrow cabin. However the seats are comfortable.
My favourite planes flown: Lockheed 188 Electra, Tridents, VC-10, B-707, L-1011, A330, E90 + Concorde

stylo777

Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:38 am

...and I forgot to mention that I would go for LX just for the chocolate served onboard  Wink

thaia345

Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:13 am

Hi Guys!!!...

Thanks so much for the assistance, in this case, I will definitely take the RJ, as most of you pointed out, it will nto be around for much longer, and personally, I really do not like the CRJ because of how tiny the windows are and how low the are located, the last time I stared out the window, I really had a stiff neck!!

Cheers!!

Viscount724

Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:29 am

Quoting CastropRauxel (Reply 4):

The first few rows (where business class is located) on the Avro RJ have an unobstructed view. Personally the Avro RJ is my favourite narrow-body aircraft. Very roomy and comfortable in LX's 5-abreast configuration (but terrible at 6-abreast which is most other carriers other than SN). Personally I would not waste your money on business class on LX on such a short flight as MUC-ZRH (141 nm). The seats are identical and service is minimal in business class on such a short flight. Although the timetable allows more time I've flown LX several times ZRH-MUC-ZRH and the entire flight sometimes only takes 30 minutes.

LX also replaced all their RJ100 seats within the past year or so with the same Recaro lightweight seats used on their A319/320/321 fleet, except they left the seat pitch as it was previously so there is a couple of inches more effective legroom than with the old seats due to the seat design (and more room than on the A319/320/321 with the same seats). LX could have added another row or two of seats on the RJ100 with the new seats but decided to keep total seating unchanged at 97 to avoid the need for another flight attendant.

Quoting ThaiA345 (Reply 8):
really do not like the CRJ because of how tiny the windows are and how low the are located, the last time I stared out the window, I really had a stiff neck!!

You're thinking of the CRJ-100/200. That problem was fixed on the CRJ-700/900. The floor was lowered and the window line was raised. They are much better in all respects than the 100/200.

thaia345

Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:26 am

Quoting Viscount724 (Reply 9):
The seats are identical and service is minimal in business class on such a short flight. Although the timetable allows more time I've flown LX several times ZRH-MUC-ZRH and the entire flight sometimes only takes 30 minutes.

Thanks for the advice Viscount725, but the fact is I am actually already flying long haul in J from Asia, hence all my ticket prices have been bundled in..therefore this sector will also be in J. As for myself, no way I am going to pay personally for just a short hop in J eheheheheh  Smile

castroprauxel

Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:52 am

Quoting Someone83 (Reply 5):
If he's sitting is J/C, he should be able to get in front of the engines

Quoting Viscount724 (Reply 9):
The first few rows (where business class is located) on the Avro RJ have an unobstructed view

Well that all depends on where the movable class divider will be located... this route is swamped with businessmen and C can easily stretch back a lot.