764flyer
Topic Author

DL 757-200 Etops Biz-elite Experience?

Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:12 am

Has anyone had a chance to ride in Business Elite on one of the DL 757-200s? A friend of mine will be taking flt106 from JFK-FRA next week and wanted to know what the business elite experience was on the 757 as compared to the 767. Seems like the seats have less pitch but not sure how much less recline. Anything is appreciated.

lucky777

RE: DL 757-200 Etops Biz-elite Experience?

Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:07 am

I nonreved on an etops 757 from JFK-SNN-JFK back in July in BusinessElite and thought it was great. There is about 5 inches less of legroom as compared to the 777/767 aircraft. Plus, the seat doesn't recline the full 160 degrees like on the 777/67. I believe its 150 degrees. Still plenty cozy to take a good nap in, as i did on the 6 hour flight back to JFK. The seat felt about as wide as a 767 BE seat, perhaps a little wider in fact.

Each seat has an individual 7-inch monitor with on-demand TV, music, video programming and of course USB and PC Power Ports. Each seat also has ergonomic lumbar support, which the 777/67 do not. To be honest, though, i found it to be rather annoying. Felt like somebody kneeing me in the back as i was watching the movie.

And while this is totally subjective, i found the food choices to be much better flying to Europe than when i flew to NRT or ICN and PVG. I'm not exactly an adventurous eater when it comes to my food selections, which is perhaps why i enjoy food on the European flights so much more than the flights to/from Asia.

All in all, i was pleasantly surprised with the comfort and features of the 757 BusinessElite seats. Overall i think they're good for what their role is, shorter Western European flights to/from the U.S. East Coast.
Big version: Width: 1200 Height: 812 File size: 385kb
Big version: Width: 1200 Height: 812 File size: 372kb

[Edited 2008-10-13 22:08:21]

JKJ777

Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:15 am

Had a couple rides in one. Once to Hawaii, once to JFK, once to ATL, and then an ATL-AMS. The experience is equal to that on a 767 or even a 777. The seat, however, is a little different. Row 4 (which I have been in 3 times) is not the best and it does have limited recline. I prefer 2A and 3A since I always like the left side of the plane and prefer the window. The food on the Hawaii trip and AMS trip were pretty darn good. Do not let the seat pitch fool you. 55 inches is nothing to cry about, especially on a 6-7 hour trip. The ride should be comfy for your friend. Cannot wait to get back in the air (2 month layoff.....highly needed).

Atlanta

Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:24 pm

My best expierience in BizElite on the 757 has been good I flew ATL-EDI and I was very impressed with the service (as I usually am with DL) the food was good and my seat (last row left-hand side inside seat) was very comfortable.
Welcome To The New Delta- The World's Largest Airline

aviateur

Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:50 am

Yeah, look on SeatGuru.com and you can get the exact specs re: 752 versus 763 and 777.

PS
Patrick Smith is an airline pilot, air travel columnist and author