MCOtoATL
Topic Author

Wings Air (Athens To ATL)

Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:56 pm

I live outside of Athens, Georgia and am flying on AA from ATL-DFW in January and was wondering about Wings Air, which offers Navajo flights between Athens (AHN) and Atlanta. What gate do they use in Atlanta? I assume their are no connection services (so I would have to claim my bag and then find the Wings Air gate?) Has anyone flown them?

It takes me an hour (without traffic) to drive to ATL, and I live 30 minutes from AHN. Athens offers free parking and easy access, so the cost of the Wings Air flight may be worth it (especially considering parking costs at ATL and hitting rush hour traffic).

RL757PVD

RE: Wings Air (Athens To ATL)

Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:59 pm

I think Wings Air uses the FBO but Georgia skies (Caravan) I believe flies from Concourse E.
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!

wedgetail737

Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:20 pm

Is Georgia Skies a spinoff from Pacific Wings???

MSYtristar

Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:32 pm

Wings Air uses concourse T in ATL and is ground handled by AA. No checked bags on Wings Air but connecting flights in ATL are easy since you do not have to re-clear security.

Georgia Skies uses a FBO in ATL and you do have to take a shuttle from the FBO to the main terminal and then go through security, but they do offer checked bag and interline service.