ACDC8
Topic Author

Need Quick Response On BA Seating Arrangement

Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:09 pm

Simple question really. I'm flying back home tomorrow and have already checked in using BA's online service. I deceided to take the very last row on BA's 747 since it is only 2 seats instead of the usual 3. However, the seat is somewhat farther from the window then in the usual rows. Has anyone here sat so far aft in the 747? How far is the gap between the seat and window? Is it too far that one can't really enjoy the view outside?

Thanks in advance!
A Grumpy German Is A Sauerkraut

Qantasistheway

RE: Need Quick Response On BA Seating Arrangement

Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:39 pm

The gap is just under a foot I would say. You can still enjoy the view out of the window, however you will need to lean in to look down. It has good legroom and unless the flight is particularly scenic it should be fine.

ACDC8
Topic Author

Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:00 pm

Quoting Qantasistheway (Reply 1):

Thanks ....  bigthumbsup 

Departing LHR 17:05 and arriving YVR 18:40. Being that it'll be dark most of the flight, there won't be much to see. Just wanted to make sure that I can still look out the window for take off and landing.

Thanks again!

ACDC8
Topic Author

Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:58 am

So it turned out to be a great seat. A bit of extra leg room between the seat in front and the wall. No seats behind so you can recline the seat without bugging anyone and only one seat beside you instead of the dreaded 747 3 seat rows. And the window is close enough to offer great views. Kinda felt weird during take off and landing sitting so far aft though.

I'll definetly try to book that seat on my next 747 trips.