stock1985

Flights To Egypt - Difficult To Book & Expensive

Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:00 pm

Trying to book a multi-leg flight to Egypt for April 2009. Looking in both Economy & Business. Most of my normal sites are not turning up good schedules, nor prices. Starting in Tulsa and was hoping to use British Airways as I am Oneworld Sapphire, but so far nothing comes through (even on their website).

I remember a story about AA being banned from Cairo, and therefore a search on AA.com comes up as invalid.

Are there any consolidators for Egypt? Reputable places to find good itineraries at reasonable rates? Please let me know...

ajd1992

Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:31 pm

You might have to fly to the UK or Germany and get a flight on a charter airline to Cairo, like Thomsonfly or whatnot.

Just a warning, 28 inch pitch in an 8 abreast 767 for 5 hours with a bunch of kids and lager louts... not my idea of fun, as i'm sure you agree  Silly

02hilliert

Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:27 pm

Quoting Ajd1992 (Reply 1):
You might have to fly to the UK or Germany and get a flight on a charter airline to Cairo, like Thomsonfly or whatnot.

Be warned, passengers arriving in Egypt on a charter flight must also depart on a charter flight from the same airport.
Next Up: Back to the US - Charlotte & Kansas City

stock1985

Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:14 pm

Interesting. Egypt sounds like a tricky proposition from the United States...

Are there any discounters, wholesalers, or consolidators from the USA to Egypt?

SOBHI51

Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:57 am

Did you try Egyptair.com?
Also i would look for travel agents in New York who have special deals with Egyptair.
Good luck.
Hope you enjoy your visit to Egypt it is a beautiful country.
I am against any terrorist acts committed under the name of Islam

seattleflyer

Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:30 pm

You need to use the multi-city booking feature on ba.com to do this. TUL-LHR then LHR-CAI on following day then reverse. I've had similar problems with the before. Their system can't always put together an itinerary esp on the east bound TATL that arrive the day after departure. Found this particularly annoying in trying to do MFU - thought there were no upgrades available until I really played around with it and included LHR stopovers in the request.

The connections in and out of TUL can be tricky as ba.com requires 2 hrs connection time but will show you routings with less. May need to specify these legs individually as well.

BA

RE: Flights To Egypt - Difficult To Book & Exp

Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:03 am

Quoting Stock1985 (Reply 3):
Are there any discounters, wholesalers, or consolidators from the USA to Egypt?

If you can find a travel agency that specifically deals with Middle East travel, you should be able to get good deals.

Cities with diverse immigrant populations will usually have such specialty travel agencies that deal with travel to a specific region of the world.
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

bbinn333

Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:31 am

sorry All Of The OneWorld Airlines Are Very Pricy,
But The Cheapest Website You Can Find A Fare Is www.Expedia.Com For $1,310.
Go MCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VS, WN, DL, F9, CO, AA, US, VS, AC, AS, BA,

tennis69

Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:41 am

Quoting SOBHI51 (Reply 4):
Hope you enjoy your visit to Egypt it is a beautiful country.

Wow do I have to disagree with that statement. I spent 14 months working in Egypt and it is without a doubt one of the filthiest countries in the world. Garbage piled everywhere, dead animals floating in the canels, the non-use of headlights at night, noise beyond description; does that fit the definition of beautiful??

Vasu

Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:50 am

Quoting Ajd1992 (Reply 1):
Just a warning, 28 inch pitch in an 8 abreast 767 for 5 hours with a bunch of kids and lager louts... not my idea of fun, as i'm sure you agree Silly

Haha... sounds about right!