SNATH
Topic Author

Flying AF (Brit Air) In Two Weeks ; Questions

Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:17 pm

Hi all,

I'll be flying AF5881 FRA to LYS on Nov 24, and back to FRA on AF5882 on Nov 26. Both flights are operated by Brit Air. I have a couple of questions:

- The type is shown to be a CRJ. Will it be a -200 or a -700 (it's not specified)?
- (Most importantly) I want to travel with hand luggage only, but my usual carry-on is the max size allowed. It fits comfortably in the overhead bins of many types (including the large E-jets), but it will not fit in the overhead bins of the CRJs. Does AF have a policy to gate check larger carry ons and receive them on the other side (like many North American carriers do), or will I have to check it in?

Thanks!

Tony
Nikon: we don't want more pixels, we want better pixels.

TUGMASTER

RE: Flying AF (Brit Air) In Two Weeks ; Questions

Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:35 am

Hi There SNATH,

I recently flew Brit Air on French internals,and have to say they are alot lot better than their parent counterpart...drinks food etc...(but this istrue on all of the regional partners...especially in europe)
As for the aircraft, CRJ, thiscould be either although i have seen CR2/CR7/CR9 used as designators,,,i guess it just means Brit Air can increase/decrease the load factor as required.
Yes, you can walk you maxed out hand luggage to the aircraft side, and expect to find it waiting in the same place as you deplane in Lyon
rgds
Tugmaster

SNATH
Topic Author

Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:47 pm

TM,

Quoting TUGMASTER (Reply 1):
As for the aircraft, CRJ, thiscould be either although i have seen CR2/CR7/CR9 used as designators,,,i guess it just means Brit Air can increase/decrease the load factor as required.

My reservation just shows "Canadair Regional Jet". I suppose not knowing will add to the excitement of going to the airport.  Smile I just hope it's not going to be one of the dreaded -200s.

Yes, you can walk you maxed out hand luggage to the aircraft side, and expect to find it waiting in the same place as you deplane in Lyon

Perfect, this is very helpful.

Thanks very much for taking the time to write; I very much appreciate it.

tony

FlySSC

Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:40 am

Quoting SNATH (Thread starter):
The type is shown to be a CRJ. Will it be a -200 or a -700 (it's not specified)?

Brit'Air opertaes only CRJ100 or CRJ700.

"CRJ" is usually the code used for the CRJ100. For the CRJ700, they usually use "CR7"

I recently flew Brit Air on French internals,and have to say they are alot lot better than their parent counterpart...drinks food etc...(

I can not see how it can be "a lot better" as the inflight service on Brit'Air or Regional Airlines is strictly identical to the inflight service on AF itself. (Same food, same drinks, same catering...)

Quoting SNATH (Thread starter):
Does AF have a policy to gate check larger carry ons and receive them on the other side

Yep ! That's what they normally do.

SNATH
Topic Author

Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:41 am

Quoting FlySSC (Reply 3):
Brit'Air opertaes only CRJ100

They are the same as the -200s: uncomfortable!  Smile

"CRJ" is usually the code used for the CRJ100. For the CRJ700, they usually use "CR7"

As I said, my reservation says Canadair Regional Jet, the AF web site says Canadair. Let the excitement begin!  Smile

Yep ! That's what they normally do.

Good stuff. I was dreading having to check my hand luggage in....

Tony

TUGMASTER

Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:29 pm

CRJ" is usually the code used for the CRJ100. For the CRJ700, they usually use "CR7"

The key word here is ....USUALLY..... however, having a generic designation, CRJ allows the ability to increase/decrease the load v.v.

I can not see how it can be "a lot better" as the inflight service on Brit'Air or Regional Airlines is strictly identical to the inflight service on AF itself. (Same food, same drinks, same catering...)

Not true... i flew CFE-CDG on a Brit Air CRJ-700 then connectd on to an AF A320, to fly the LHR leg, and the level of service was markedly different...including the food.

you will also find this with BA/Sun-Air IB/Air Nostrum.....to name a few...The level of service is usuall greater on the regional......This also goes for AF/Regionale.

rgds

FlySSC

Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:22 pm

Quoting TUGMASTER (Reply 5):
Not true... i flew CFE-CDG on a Brit Air CRJ-700 then connectd on to an AF A320, to fly the LHR leg, and the level of service was markedly different...including the food.

The service was different because it depends on the schedule of the flight and the flight lengh.
It's not different because of a CRJ or an A320.