wedgetail737

Need Help: Connecting In YVR

Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:19 pm

Happy Holidays to everyone!

In all of my years of air travel, I have never made a connection through YVR. What is the current protocol for international connections at YVR, namely from SEA to another Canadian destination? Where would I clear Canadian customs in YVR before making my connection?

[Edited 2008-12-29 07:19:40]

phlstudent

RE: Need Help: Connecting In YVR

Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:53 pm

I believe all flights from america, passengers have to clear customs. I have only ended my flight there, so I never noticed any transfer signs, but I could be wrong.

ZBBYLW

RE: Need Help: Connecting In YVR

Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:08 am

Bascially what you will do is get off the airplane and go get your bag and clear customs. As soon as you walk out of customs there is an AC (other airlines too) transfer desk - you can give them your bags (if required) and check in for your next flight. From there, you walk out into the international arrival hall, go up some moving stairs. Go down past the international check in - through the new link terminal and you arrive at the C security line up. If you go through this line - you can still walk over to the B gates by use of a Moving Walkway.

Hope I am usefull its kind of tired and I just threw the information at you, but that is the just of it! If you have time - walk around a bit YVR really is a nice airport.
Keep the shinny side up!