KingAir200
Topic Author

Non-reving On The Delta Shuttle?

Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:22 pm

I am trying to get to DCA tomorrow, and I've found the flights on DL Shuttle from LGA to DCA have a lot of seats open. I am really not familiar with the Shuttle, so my question is this. Are there a lot of walkup bookings for these flights, and if so, how full do these flights usually run?

Atlanta

RE: Non-reving On The Delta Shuttle?

Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:12 pm

Quoting KingAir200 (Thread starter):

The Shuttle is a non-rev dream, you can (almost) always get on, but watch out for evening and morning flights!

Enjoy your trip!

Atlanta
Welcome To The New Delta- The World's Largest Airline

deltairlines

Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:39 am

This is a real good week for Shuttle travel too. Not a lot of business travel this week due to the holidays, so business travel drops quite a bit simply because of the abbreviated work week (that and a lot of people will simply take vacation time - a lot of companies gave last Friday and this Friday off, so people can burn only 3 vacation days and get a week and a half off from work).

Elite

Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:40 am

Not full at all... been on the Delta Shuttle quite a few times and I have to say that every time I'm on there nearly everyone can get a row to themselves. The free seating with practically no other passengers is great  Smile

thegman

Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:46 am

Quoting Atlanta (Reply 1):

The Shuttle is a non-rev dream, you can (almost) always get on, but watch out for evening and morning flights!

Enjoy your trip!

Atlanta

Agreed.

I have used USAir shuttle many times to work my way back home. Hourly flights are great.

TWA757

Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:05 am

I've only flown on the US shuttle, but I'd agree with everyone here that it's usually not a problem to get on the shuttle flight you want. The weekends could be different because flights aren't usually hourly -- in mid-November on a Saturday afternoon BOS-DCA, my flight was 100% full -- but it probably just depends on the day. Have a great trip!