musapapaya

Air France Services To HKG

Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:53 pm

Hello

I am planning to travel to HKG later in January and AF offers the best price so far.

I would like to know whether anybody knows what 773s they use to HKG, they have a few seat plans on their website.

Do you know they are doing well on this route? What about the service? Last time I travelled on LX and liked it very much, but on EK and didnt like it. Unfortunateky LX is much more expensive this time so I think I should book with AF.

regards
musapapaya
Lufthansa Group of Airlines

goldorak

RE: Air France Services To HKG

Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:13 pm

For HKG, the 77W config is 325 Y seats (3/4/3 abreast  crowded  Wink, 67 J and 8 P seats. There web site is still not up-to-date as they still show the 310 seats config which does not exist anymore.
AF has an excellent service in Y with great food, free alcohol including champagne, amenity kit, PTV at all seats. I haven't flown this route for the last 2 years but when I was flowing it, it was always packed in all classes and very often overbooked. I don't know if it's still the case with the current economic climate. Remember that they have extended their code-share agreement with QF for flights to Oz through HKG, in addition to the connections in SIN, so I believe this route is still performing well for AF.

musapapaya

RE: Air France Services To HKG

Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:00 pm

Thanks for your feedback.

Just a bit disappointed to find out that they use 3-4-3 in Y class for HKG service. I will try to make the booking in the coming week.

regards
musapapaya
Lufthansa Group of Airlines