Topic Author

LGW-LUX Questions

Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:42 am

Hey all,

I'm flying LGW-LUX on 7/1/09, flights BA8142 and BA8145.

The outbound is listed on as A319 and the inbound as 737. Are these correct? And on the return, is one version of the 737 more likely than the others?

Also, what is LUX like? I'll be arriving at 9:30 and departing again at 17:50 (I'm studying the flights for a university project). What could I do in that time? Is there anything interesting near to LUX airport?

RE: LGW-LUX Questions

Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:16 pm

LUX is very nice, I passed through the terminal the day it opened - it is compact, but very well designed. Unfortunately LUX is fairly small, so not much to do at the airport, though there are some interesting movements, particularly cargo.

Might be best to get the bus into the city for things to do; unfortunately I can't be of any help regarding sights!
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced

RE: LGW-LUX Questions

Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:44 pm

Hi Vasu,
As Mhodgson says there are some very interesting movements, particularly cargo, unfortunately unless you have a car the place to view the cargo ramp is a very long walk away on the far side of the runway! The website at is very helpfull & if you go onto spotting guides on the left hand side it will show you all the vantage points & how to get to them! Whenever I visit here I always have high expectations of what I'm going to see here cargo wise,you just never know until you get here what will be on the ramp!
Luxembourg city is worth a visit if you've never been here, but I prefer to get out from the city & explore the rest of the country! For a small country it really has some very nice scenery & countryside to visit!