floridaflyboy

KLM Non-Rev Question

Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:55 am

Hey everyone,
I'm just getting ready to leave on a trip to NUE. I'll be switching to KLM in AMS for the flight to NUE. What just hit me is that I don't know their non-rev dress code. I have searched all over XJ's company web-site and haven't been able to find anything. Can someone tell me what their non-rev dress code is? Thanks a bunch!!

Blue Side Up,
LP
Good goes around!

Sketty222

RE: KLM Non-Rev Question

Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:02 am

I travelled with them from NCL to AMS in 2007 and I travelled in smart jeans, t-shirt and trainers. I was even lucky enough to be upgraded to Business class
There's flying and then there's flying

exsr

Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:05 am

I have best non-rev experiences with KLM. They usually give you upgrades without even asking. also on longhaul flights.
A nice jeans and a shirt was always enough.

floridaflyboy

Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:09 am

Quoting Sketty222 (Reply 1):

Quoting ExSR (Reply 2):

Awesome!! Thanks a bunch guys! I guess that was the million dollar right there about the jeans and you answered it for me. I'm really looking forward to my first KLM trip. It's a Fokker 70, though, so no upgrades for me, but still exciting to get on a plane that's relatively rare these days.
Good goes around!

airbuseric

Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:53 am

Officially KLM's dresscodes includes:

no blue jeans
no sportshoes
no T-shirts with that kind of stupid prints

But from own experience I've to say that I usually travel casual but yet normal style, including -not white- sportshoes. Never got in trouble, and yes, I have been upgraded several times.
"The whole world steps aside for the man who knows where he is going"