SULUK
Topic Author

SDU - CGH On RG?

Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:00 am

Hi Brazilians and anyone who might know...

I'll soon fly from Rio to Sao Paulo and wanted to take the shuttle service. Does anyone know if the G3 flights are actually operated by RG? Or do both G3 and RG fly out of SDU airport with their own equipment? I tried to book a flight on the RG webpage but it would always redirect me to GOL's page for domestic bookings...

Anyone has some info on this??

Muito obrigado!
we are swissair /+/

LipeGIG

RE: SDU - CGH On RG?

Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:02 pm

Quoting SULUK (Thread starter):
I'll soon fly from Rio to Sao Paulo and wanted to take the shuttle service. Does anyone know if the G3 flights are actually operated by RG? Or do both G3 and RG fly out of SDU airport with their own equipment? I tried to book a flight on the RG webpage but it would always redirect me to GOL's page for domestic bookings...

Gol is now managing Varig operations thru their website, so you need to book on Gol website. Also, although there's Gol and Varig flights on shuttle service, there's no guarantee you will be flying on a Varig or Gol plane.

So you can purchase a ticket on Gol website, for a Varig flight, and in the end, fly on a Gol plane.
New York + Rio de Janeiro = One of the best combinations !

SULUK
Topic Author

RE: SDU - CGH On RG?

Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:37 pm

Thanks for your reply LipeGIG!!  Smile
Is there any way to find out if a specific flight is operated by G3 or RG? On the GOL webpage i found out that there are flight numbers starting with 1 and othrs with 2. Could this be a way to distinguish the two airlines?
Furthermore, which side of the A/C gives better views of the city and of the Pao de Asugar?
Thank you so mucho for your help...
we are swissair /+/