b727fan

NYC-DXB Trip Recommendation Needed Please

Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:33 pm

Hello,

I will be leaving for Dubai (+/-Feb 25th) and returning (+/-March 11th) , ECONOMY CLASS

I cant sleep while traveling, a stop & break between flights actually is what I am used to! (plane, bus, train or boat doesn't matter! For some reason, my body refuses to switch off while traveling!)
So being a loyal CO customer, I tried booking on CO's website, but the problem is that I am not able to view and select the seats for the connecting flights! (EK, AF or KL! I also see that many of the trans-Atlantic choices on CO is on 757s.
I am 6-1, average built, and if it is recommend to take the EK non-stop can anyone give me a comparison on how comfortable EK seats are on the economy class. I may then just go with EK and still get my OnePass miles for CO. (Although, I don't think EK's website allows you to preview seats selection prior to purchase)
Of course I can also earn miles with other Skyteam members like DL which also flies to DXB non-stop from ATL, but I refuse to fly DL. Not fan of their C/S at all, and fly them when I absolutely have to or the fares are the lowest found. I feel sorry for NW being absorbed by DL! On the other hand, advantage for both DL and NW is that they show you seat plan prior to purchase even on their partner flights.

So if anyone has a suggestion for this itinerary, please feel free to dispense your advice.

Thank you in advance.

HT

RE: NYC-DXB Trip Recommendation Needed Please

Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:46 pm

Quoting B727fan (Thread starter):
EK non-stop

One flight between JFK and DXB is shown to be operated by 77W, the other one by A380.
According to seatguru, the 77W gives you 2 inches more seat pitch in Economy (34 vs. 32 inch), while the seat with is 1 inch less (17 vs. 18).
No personal experience with either product.
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

B747forever

RE: NYC-DXB Trip Recommendation Needed Please

Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:52 am

I would say go with EK as you will get your miles also on them. If you have flown on the 77W I would go for the A380, a great opportunity to try it out and add a new aircraft into your log.
Work Hard, Fly Right