fspilot747

Traveling To Brazil: Questions

Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:46 am

I've never been to Brazil, but am going shortly to visit my girl's family. I was hoping some of you could help me out with a few questions:

1. I fly into GRU and CGH. The only flights to where I'm going leave from CGH and I was told something about a bus that takes passengers to the other airport. Is this correct?

2. What are the "liquid bans" in Brazil for carry-on items? Do I have to buy small 3.2 oz sized bottles for my hair gel, contact solution, and travel sized toothpaste? Or is there no such rule in Brazil? Does it make a difference if I'm a crewmember for another airline?

3. Am I required to show proof of immunizations/vaccines when I arrive in Brazil?

Thanks to anyone who can help with these questions.

C010T3

RE: Traveling To Brazil: Questions

Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:17 am

First of all, may I ask your final destination?

Quoting FSPilot747 (Thread starter):
1. I fly into GRU and CGH. The only flights to where I'm going leave from CGH and I was told something about a bus that takes passengers to the other airport. Is this correct?

Yes, if you are flying from CGH, you can take your airline bus from GRU to CGH. If you're flying GOL, look for GOL's bus, if you're flying TAM, look for TAM's bus. It takes about one hour in normal traffic. You have to have your boarding pass though. If you don't receive one in your origin, you can get one at the transfer check-in after customs.

2. What are the "liquid bans" in Brazil for carry-on items? Do I have to buy small 3.2 oz sized bottles for my hair gel, contact solution, and travel sized toothpaste? Or is there no such rule in Brazil? Does it make a difference if I'm a crewmember for another airline?

Not in domestic flights, but it was introduced in international flights as a requirement from foreign countries.

3. Am I required to show proof of immunizations/vaccines when I arrive in Brazil?

No, only if you're travelling to the Northern and Central-Western regions.

4EVERVARIG

Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:11 am

As far as vaccinations are concerned, please contact your local Brazilian Consulate General for the latest news and requirements. Many times, requirements change from season to season and depending where you fly to you need to get shots before leaving the US.

robffm2

Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:42 am

fspilot747

Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:18 am

Thanks for the information, guys.

I think these answer my questions.