a318

What To Do In MHT For 20 Hours

Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:39 am

I have a 20 hour layover in MHT this Saturday and I have no clue what to do with my time up there. We don't usually overnight in MHT so I know nothing about the area. All I know is that the gate agent is incredibly annoying. Thanks!
Welcome aboard!

UH60FtRucker

RE: What To Do In MHT For 20 Hours

Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:20 am

20 hours really isn't a whole lot of time to go and see Manchester, and the local NH area.

If you're looking for a good restaurants, a really awesome (but pricey) italian restaurant is Piccola's, it's on the right, just north of Granite Street, on Elm Street (the main downtown street). Or if you want something fast, Bob Nadeau's Subs has some of the best subs and sandwiches (especially the streak&cheese).

As for entertainment, there really isn't much around the airport. The main shopping section is near by on South Willow Street. There's a few good bars in the downtown area, but with only 20hrs, I doubt that's really an option.

And the UNH Men's Hockey will be going against UMaine at 7pm at the Civic Center, downtown.
Your men have to follow your orders. They don't have to go to your funeral.

Revelation

Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:30 pm

The Budweiser brewery is in Merrimack NH maybe 15 miles from the airport.
They have brewery tours ending with a few sips of the local product.
It's also the East Coast home of the Clydesdales.
Google it for details.
Inspiration, move me brightly!

deltairlines

Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:16 am

Honestly, not a whole lot. There's an aviation museum on the GA side of the airport by Wiggins. Mall of NH is a 5 minute drive from the airport (though the mall is pretty mediocre).

If you have a car, Portsmouth is a 45 minute drive away down Route 101 - some really good restaurants and it's a nice area to walk around.

UNH-Maine has traditionally been a good hockey series in the past 10 years.