sflaflight

NZs Pink Party Flight!

Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:34 am

So I booked myself on NZs pink party flight for Mardi Gras. When booking the flight I got a special notice indicating that it was not a normal NZ flight and to expect a party and a fun time with passengers in costumes. I love it! I've seen the pink flight last year from LAX on Kathy Griffins show, but I'm assuming this year it is from AKL.

Has anyone flown or worked this famous NZ pink party flight? What can I expect? I guess I better put something together before leaving the states for AKL!!!

I've youtubed it but only came up with US departures. I don't know what to expect from an NZ departure. Are the Kiwis going to be crazy!!!! I hope so! Stand by for a trip report on this one!!!

A.

BTW, I read that AKL (and most of NZ) is more of a car city. Is it worth renting a car (I can get one really cheap) to see the AKL metro and maybe a quick getaway or is it not worth it and just public transport/taxi/walk it?

[Edited 2009-02-05 02:05:21]

cx777fan

RE: NZs Pink Party Flight!

Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:34 am

I don't know much about the flight apart from a few overheard conversations during MG season in Sydney last year by people saying they had a great time.

What I do know is that customs put a coupe of extra beagles on duty in the arrivals hall when that flight comes in  bouncy 

cloudnine 

sflaflight

RE: NZs Pink Party Flight!

Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:20 pm

Quoting CX777Fan (Reply 1):
What I do know is that customs put a coupe of extra beagles on duty in the arrivals hall when that flight comes in

Oh....well after all, that's a lot of fruit I guess to inspect. Ahhhh! Joking!!!  box   rotfl