MidEx216
Topic Author

Flying Asiana: What To Expect?

Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:59 am

Hey all

A friend of mine is doing some work in China this coming summer. Knowing my *cough* obsession, she asked me about flights, and after some looking I found OZ to be the cheapest (being a college student). The itinerary I found her was ORD-ICN on a 772, ICN-CAN on an A333. The return is CAN-ICN-SEA, and then SEA-ORD on a UA A319.

My question was, what can I tell her to expect? She was happy to see lunch listed on the UA leg. I'm hoping lunch will be on an overseas flight like ORD-ICN? How is OZ in terms of service, seat, IFE, etc?

Thanks for your help
P. Valenstein

WeAreUnited

RE: Flying Asiana: What To Expect?

Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:06 am

Quoting MidEx216 (Thread starter):
My question was, what can I tell her to expect? She was happy to see lunch listed on the UA leg. I'm hoping lunch will be on an overseas flight like ORD-ICN? How is OZ in terms of service, seat, IFE, etc?

There will not be lunch on the UA leg. BOB only. Must be a mistake on Asiana's website.

olympic472

Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:14 am

Your friend will have an enjoyable flight. Asiana is a great airline. Clean planes, meticulous service, although spoken English may not be as precise. I always had good experiences on Asiana's Trans-Pacific and Asia regional sectors.
Civil Aviation has a "Need for Speed"!

LDIkaros

Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:21 am

There will be lunch on the ORD-ICN leg. Not only that but probably two tasty meals plus snacks in between. As for service, seats, IFE ... I flew OZ last year SFO-ICN in Y class and was very impressed by the service. The seats are comfy, with pretty good leg room, and AVOD IFE. OZ is a 5-star carrier. If your friend is used to the typical (non)service on US carriers she will be in for quite a positive surprise on her OZ flights.

The problem will be the letdown on the UA legs ...

Cheers

LDIkaros

daron4000

Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:43 am

Well I have flown OZ 235 from ORD-ICN and I have to say it is a great experience, perhaps the finest that one can get commerically out of ORD (in close competition with NH).

The flight is all dark, as it leaves Chicago at 1:00 in the morning and lands in ICN at 5:00. It is now served by their newly delivered 3-class 777, with all of the newest in-flight features. (I will miss the grandeur of the 747, however). That means that seats in Y are 3-3-3, IFE is AVOD, and everything is very clean and new. Service will be great. If you go to flyasiana.com to the inflight service section, there is a page called service sequence which actually details the order of the service on board.

Other OZ experiences will be equally superb. I really can not fault them. Tell your friend to enjoy!

MidEx216
Topic Author

Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:07 am

Quoting WeAreUnited (Reply 1):
Must be a mistake on Asiana's website.

That's off of Expedia. No matter either way, as long as she gets a meal.

It's great to hear all this. I knew Asiana was a respectable airline, but I didn't know they were such high class. I'm certain she'll be happy, especially knowing that the it was so cheap  Smile.

Thanks everyone.