pzurita1

Airlines In Papua New Guinea?

Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:13 am

Hi folks.

I am planning to visit PNG from Australia next September and I know there are some very well versed guys here who can answer my doubts about reliability of services of AirNiuguini and Airlines PNG.

1. how often do they change schedules? If I wish to buy the tix now, should I expect changes of schedule by September?

2. What would you recomend me to do? Fly from Cairns to Mt Hagen and then by road go Goroka, or fly Cairns-POM-Goroka?

3. Their websites do not publish domestic fares. How much are they?

Cheers

pZZ
Next flight: IAH-DBX-MRU-ANT

pzurita1

RE: Airlines In Papua New Guinea?

Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:50 am

Quite evidently, PNG is not the most popular destination... but still I expected to find a little more info with you guys.
Next flight: IAH-DBX-MRU-ANT

vhqpa

Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:02 am

First of all I don't think there are any flights between CNS and HGU your only option is to fly CNS-POM-GKA.

I'm not really familiar with either PX or CG or the reliability of there schedules but of the two I'd be choosing PX. As for fares I can't find any Airlines PNG fares but I can get Air Niugini fares POM-GKA return for 599 PGK (231 USD)

Vhq
"There you go ladies and gentleman we're through Mach 1 the speed of sound no bumps no bangs... CONCORDE"

MaverickM11

Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:00 pm

As far as I can tell, you can only fly to POM nonstop from CNS, and the lowest roundtrip fare for CNS/GKA over POM is 568AUD, but I think that's only through the end of March. After that it's 704. Schedules can change weekly, and most airlines tweak something at least every other week so chances are the schedule will be different by September. It may not be *that* different--I'm guessing PX pretty much flies the same stuff more or less year in year out with the exception of their international schedule which seems to be all over the place depending on what kind of plane they can get their hands on.
E pur si muove -Galileo