RyDawg82
Topic Author

Question About Northwest Non-Rev System

Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:37 pm

Howdy,

It's been years since I used to have access to Northwest's RADAR system for Non-Rev travel planning. I am trying to recall some of the unique search features that they had. Examples were the "Warm Weather Finder" and something that would look for flights booked under a certain percentage. Can anyone recall some of the other search options, or unique non-rev searches you have found on OAL's?

Thanks,
Ryan
You can take the pup out of Alaska, but you can't take the Alaska out of the pup.

rivervisual

RE: Question About Northwest Non-Rev System

Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:20 pm

there's an adventure search which lets you find the destinations with the best availability in the next 45 days and the warm weather search which lets you search for cities with a temperature above whatever you choose.

simairlinenet

Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:23 pm

Northwest's current search features:

Basic Availability Search
-From, To, Departure Date, Return Date

Flexible Search
-Same as Basic Availability, except you can enter multiple airport codes (e.g., LGA/JFK/EWR to ORD/MDW)

Adventure Search
-Show me all flights from XYZ on this date that are <=X% full

Warm Weather Search
-Show me all flights from XYZ on this date that are <=X% full and the destination is >=X degrees F

RyDawg82
Topic Author

Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:45 am

Thank you for the responses!

Ryan
You can take the pup out of Alaska, but you can't take the Alaska out of the pup.

ZBBYLW

Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:01 pm

I wish AC had this very unique feature!

Also I hope for the NW people that when DL fully takes over, that they keep this feature.
Keep the shinny side up!

PGNCS

Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:39 pm

Quoting ZBBYLW (Reply 4):
Also I hope for the NW people that when DL fully takes over, that they keep this feature.

Yeah, I agree...that does seem to be a very useful and worthwhile feature!

PGNCS

Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:20 pm

Quoting Simairlinenet (Reply 2):
Northwest's current search features:

Basic Availability Search
-From, To, Departure Date, Return Date

Flexible Search
-Same as Basic Availability, except you can enter multiple airport codes (e.g., LGA/JFK/EWR to ORD/MDW)

Adventure Search
-Show me all flights from XYZ on this date that are <=X% full

Warm Weather Search
-Show me all flights from XYZ on this date that are <=X% full and the destination is >=X degrees F

A bit off the subject, but are there any Internet tools that work similarly to these NWA non-rev tools for purchasing a ticket, i.e. are there any tools that you can say show me the flights to the destinations that have good availability (or low fares; whatever) from a certain airport for a given day? I know about kayak's weekend function, but I am thinking more of something where you can input a budget and the options are given. For instance, let's say I want to go somewhere for a weekend from Thursday to Sunday (or any specified number of days or dates) from MSP, and my budget for airfare was $500 per person. Where can I go for that? I had never really considered searching that way before, but it would be handy. Any thoughts are appreciated.