02hilliert
Topic Author

Lyon (LYS) Views

Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:35 pm

Hi All,

I'm looking at booking last minute to travel non-rev to Lyon next sunday (1st March), and just wanted to know if there is anywhere to view aircraft from? Is there a viewing terrace somewhere at the airport? Or somewhere else appropriate to view aircraft from?

Alternatively, if i were to head in to the city, how long would it take to get to or from central Lyon, and in just 2 or 3 hours, what should be the things to do?

All views welcome and MOST helpful!

Thanks guys,

Toby
Next Up: Back to the US - Charlotte & Kansas City

HT

RE: Lyon (LYS) Views

Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:10 pm

Quoting 02hilliert (Thread starter):
wanted to know if there is anywhere to view aircraft from? I

It's been a while since my last business trip to LYS, but IIRC there were limited views of the apron and activity on the runways from inside the terminal (through glass of course).

Curbside, there was some view of the cargo apron (fairly distant, IIRC).

Quoting 02hilliert (Thread starter):
Alternatively, if i were to head in to the city, how long would it take to get to or from central Lyon, and in just 2 or 3 hours, what should be the things to do?

No idea, as I always had pre-arranged transport to a place about 50km north of the field.
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !