skymiler

DL Upgrade Policy - Change Or Glitch?

Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:47 pm

I am a lifetime PM on DL, and appreciate the Medallion upgrades, which can kick in 5 days before travel date. Do not always get them, but I have no complaints.

Just logged on and noticed that I have been upgraded already -- more than 5 days out -- for a trip in early March! I received a confirmation E-Mail for 1 of the segments, but upon accessing my PNR I noticed all segments had been upgraded..

Checking inventory (via the Internet, so I am cautious about it) shows all classes of booking still available, including the lowest, implying that there is no inventory reason for moving me up.

Not sure why I was upgraded early -- is this is a glitch crossing the end the short month, or a new policy? Not complaining, though!!  Smile

Just curious. Does anyone have an input?
I love to fly, and it shows!

fanoftristars

RE: DL Upgrade Policy - Change Or Glitch?

Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:21 pm

I'm not sure, sounds like a glitch. I was upgraded for my flight today at 4 days out instead of the normal 5 days, and was not given a seat assignment, which I thought was strange... It was a 767-300 with 9 open seats to choose from when I went and selected my seat.
"FLY DELTA JETS"

Flyer732

Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:41 pm

I think there is some glitch, I'm a GM and I cleared middle of last week for a flight on the 3rd, plenty of open seats in all cabins...

Cubsrule

Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:44 pm

I wonder whether this is due to moving something over to NW systems. When I was a NW elite in 2006 and 2007, there was quite a lot of variation in the time at which I cleared, and that variation didn't necessarily seem related to inventory.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

CMHSRQ

Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:47 pm

As a GM I was just upgraded last night for 2 segments on the 5th. This isn't the first time either, I was upgraded 5 days out on my last set of flights as well.
The voice of moderation

toltommy

Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:53 am

It may have to do with the fare category you are booked in. You didn't provide that piece, so I can't give you anymore info.....