csm737

EWR Connection Times, Please Help :(

Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:17 am

Ok, First off, I am a long time fan of anet (over 3 years) and just finally joined. I am a college student studying hospitality management...I was also a student pilot for awhile (passed written, 15 solo hours, cross-countires etc) but stopped due to lack of funds, but will finish it one day...Anyway, glad to be here and here is my question"

Im heading south for SB, On the way down I am doing IAD-EWR-MIA on CO on Monday Mrach 9th. I leave dulles on "Continental Connection" (commute air, LOVE those Dash 8's) flight 8638 at 10:55 AM and am due in to EWR at 12:15pm, I then am on CO flight 438 due to depart at 1:00pm...I will arrive at Termincal A at EWR and will have to make my way to Termincal C..My question is what is the fastest way to change terminals, I know there is the Airtran, but I here you have to go through security again, I here there is a bus that enables you to not have to go through secruity again, but may not run as often as the Airtrain, what should I do??? I was thinking about just booking it on foot if the Airtran isnt there as soon as I exit, but do not know how far it actually is...Thanks in advance for your help!

-Colin

ltbewr

RE: EWR Connection Times, Please Help :(

Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:34 am

This page from the Continental Airline's website may help as to the connecting bus service between Terminals A & C for CO flights so don't have to go through security. The info is about 2/3 of the page down. Use of the Airtran would require exiting the secure areas and having to go thorugh them at Terminal C.
http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...ntent/travel/airport/maps/ewr.aspx

Still, 45 minutes is verytight...

copter808

Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:38 am

Might be a tight connection, particularly if the first leg is late. As long as CO scheduled you with that connection, they will do their best to make sure you make it.

Yes, there is a bus connection which stays on the secure side of the terminal. Not sure what gate it leaves from, but as you start to leave the Terminal A area (the circular area the gates radiate from) it will be on your right, before you reach the hallway and pass through security.

It seems to run pretty often, so there shouldn't be a problem. There will probably be a representative standing by your arrival gate, so you can let them know of your connection.

CO is a great airline, so you shouldn't have any problem. Enjoy your break!

haynflyer

Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:40 am

Hi Colin,

The bus is definitely the way to go. Here are instructions from CO's website. I've transited EWR many times and have found the bus service prompt and reliable.

Bus Service between Terminals A and C
Skip security when connecting between Terminals A and C at Newark Liberty International Airport.

Customers connecting to flights between Terminals A and C can now take advantage of convenient bus service* between the terminals. This new service will not only save you time but will eliminate the need to go back through security.

Passengers arriving into Terminal A may board the bus at Gate 28 and connect to domestic or international flights in Terminal C.

Domestic passengers arriving into Terminal C may board the bus near Gate 71 and connect to flights in Terminal A.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

citation501sp

Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:46 am

You more than likely will be arriving in Terminal C. The Continental Express flights moved to Terminal A. While most if not all the Continental Connection Flights still use Terminal C. This was the case my last transit in EWR and a quick check of most of the Dash-8 routes in the Northeast today all seem to arrive and depart from Terminal C in EWR.

501SP
Smoke and Thunder! Stage 2 FOREVER!!!