Nwafan20
Topic Author

Airline Wings

Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:50 pm

Hey guys,

After the very recent fuel crisis, massive losses, and major cut backs in service, which airlines still provide plastic wings for children on their flights? I was pleasently surprised to see them being handed out flying MCO-DTW on NW a couple months ago, since I hadn't seen them for a while. I was just wondering what other airlines are still doing this?

FlyASAGuy2005

RE: Airline Wings

Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:58 pm

There are a lot of those things still laying around. I can't speak for NW but DL stopped giving them out ages ago but they already had a sh*t ton of them and you would still see them every now and then but they weren't being made anymore.
What gets measured gets done.

mtnwest1979

Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:58 pm

I still see some of ours (WN) around from time-to-time. But with sticky backing, not old school pins.
They are one thing I have that I wish I had more of. I relish the ones I have from Hughes Airwest, original Frontier, Wien Air Alaska , and two from Delta.

[Edited 2009-03-04 11:12:29]
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Paaclipper707

Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:21 pm

Alaska Airlines still passes wings out, Disneyland coloring books as well.
PAN AMERICAN -Dont Leave the Country Without Us-

modesto2

Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:29 am

A few weeks ago, I got wings on UA893, SFO-ICN  Smile

cal764

Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:54 am

CO has them on occasion, I've found, but the one's I usually get don't have a pin, rather, a small adhesive strip, which makes the souvenir rather non-resumable.
1. Fly to Win 2. Fund Future 3. Reliability 4. Work Together CO: Work Hard, Fly Right...

elbandgeek

Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:02 am

While cleaning recently I found a set I got from DL back in 96. To be perfectly honest, I think that was the last time I saw anyone giving them out, when I was 7. Maybe I'll get another pair at some point in the future

sq_ek_freak

Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:50 pm

United on a UA PS flight LAX-JFK in December 2008 an F/A in the rear galley saw a little girl waiting in line for the bathroom...called her over to her and gave her little plastic clip on United wings. I mentioned to her that I didn't know UA still gave that stuff out, and her response was something like "oh we still do, we're still worth something when it comes to customer service, or at least we try with what we have!" Had a laugh and started talking about stuff, flying for EK (interestingly enough she had applied but was rejected) and the industry in general...ended up in the rear galley talking for hours over several vodka sodas, the last one being comped by the crew.

I know CX and TG still do in Asia, but I think SQ stopped a while back.
Keep Discovering

staralliance38

Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:08 am

I know NW gave my grandmother a bagful after she told the FA wbout my mission to collect NW stuff lol. I do believe US has them, but unless the FAs aren't busy, they dont really get handed out unless somebody asks.
Roar, lion, roar

NWADC9

Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:45 pm

NW had them to the death, replacing the compass logo with the new logo and "nwa" spilling over to the right wing.

You can see a pic here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...me=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=260370316990

(And thanks to a $2 off coupon I got, those wings are coming my way  cool  )
I convert Jet A and 100LL into noise.