KWI

VS, BA, Or LH To MCO?

Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:13 am

Hi All,

I wanted to get your opinion on who you think would be the better choice to fly on Business class with between Manchester and Orlando. The prices between BA, VS, and LH are all similar, so am willing to try any. I know that the LGW based 777s from BA do not yet feature their New Club World. I have tried the older generation, and have no complaints against it. But is long haul service from Gatwick consistent with what they offer from Heathrow? Also, are there any differences between Gatwick and Heathrow based 747s? I'm inclined to try the direct MAN-MCO flight, but not sure if I trust VS's consistency. I don't have any questions regarding Lufthansa's business class as I have tried it a few times, and the product (as far as I'm concerned) is very consistent, and I don't have to worry about where the aircraft is based.

Your input would be very highly appreciated.

thanks

KWI

B747forever

RE: VS, BA, Or LH To MCO?

Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:05 pm

Quoting Kwi (Thread starter):
Also, are there any differences between Gatwick and Heathrow based 747s?

BA doesnt operate 744s out of LGW.
Work Hard, Fly Right

skord

Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:45 pm

VS's 744s that operate the MAN-MCO are part of the LGW based fleet. They are seriously showing their age, and a long-overdur refurb on this fleet has been postponed for the time being. Also, the servive provided on this route is well known to be "below-par" compared to that provided by LHR based crews. MAN-MCO is a pure leisure route, with LOTS of kids and the service is on a par with the regular Charter Operators on this route (Charters operate to SFB tho)
I have flown this route 3 times and been quite dissapointed an all 3 occasions. Hovever, their on time performance is pretty good.
My choice would be LH, BA, then VS.

musapapaya

Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:52 pm

My choice would be LH, for their better C product - both BA and VS, IMO, are not as good and most importantly, reliable as, LH.

I hope this helps, and let us know what you choose at the end!

Whatever you choose, we look forward to a trip report!

Regards
musapapaya
Lufthansa Group of Airlines

starguy

Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:40 pm

Flying VS Upper Class out of LGW and MAN is a very good experience, only 14 passengers and 3/4 crew looking after you, IFE is as good as the competition although it is not AVOD like at LHR. You should give it a go.

Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:40 pm

I would go on AC from MAN-LHR-YYZ-MCO. Great fares, nice lounges, and a new 77W sounds like fun to me!

starguy

Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:25 pm

Quoting 744 (Reply 5):
I would go on AC from MAN-LHR-YYZ-MCO. Great fares, nice lounges, and a new 77W sounds like fun to me!

Sure, but why fly 3 sectors with AC when you can fly direct in 8 hours with BA and VS. He wants to fly Business or equivalent so although cost is always a factor, he/she is obviously not a penny pincher  Smile